Welcome to StampsFans.com!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and join in the Stamps and CFL discussion.

Us Tv Deal

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Flash, Jun 9, 2013.

Calgary Stampeders GAME DAY!

1. Flash

Flash Member

So the CFL hasn't announced it but Rids has. Looks like the CFL is back on ESPN3 for most games but the Saturday afternoon tilt in Week 1 will be live on ESPN2.

Nothing is listed for the first game (Winnipeg vs Montreal) so the guess is that NBC Sports will have it or some other TV option.
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Does the CFL actually make money out of this or is it a lost litre??
  3. Flash

Flash Member

Not sure about the ESPN3 stuff since it's strictly a digital feed that is available and ESPN owns 10% of TSN anyhow.

But I believe the cable network deals pay the CFL a decent amount.
  4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Be nice if they got paid some dough...
  5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The CFL should try & market our games in Europe. Just to see what the response would be.
  6. Flash

Flash Member

They do broadcast in the UK.

The old deals in the late 1990s/early 2000s put the CFL into almost as many countries as the NFL. I think the Grey Cup currently gets broadcast live into 60+ countries.
  7. Barracuda

Barracuda Member

I remember the old days when the Sunshine Network showed CFL games. There were a lot of Florida boys in the league those days and the ratings were decent as everybody tracked their favorite NCAA players.
    Flash likes this.
  8. Flash

Flash Member

Funny how folks on twitter right now are flipping out about this. Why weren't they here when I posted it over a week ago!!!! Rids knew before that even so it's not like a state secret...but the NSA probably knew before Rids did I guess.
  9. Rids

Rids Moderator Staff Member

First 4 Stampeder games on US TV:

June 28th vs BC on ESPN3
    July 5th vs Sask on ESPN3
    July 12th vs Montreal on ESPN3
    July 20th vs Montreal on ESPN2
  10. Butters

Butters Member

Good news for the league, the more exposure the better,I assume they don't get much money for the U.S deals but the CFL probably isn't asking for a high sum.Having two different stations carrying games is great,I believe ESPN 2 reaches a lot more homes in the states compared to NBCSN,so great to have them carrying games again.
    Barracuda likes this.
  11. Rids

12. Barracuda

Barracuda Member

Looking forward to the first game on NBCSN.
  13. Rids

Posted over on the ArgoFans board (waiting for a link):

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?2092-CFL-ratings-on-ESPN2-and-NBCSN&p=34278
  14. Jayman

Jayman Member

ISO i will now forever refer to it as a "lost litre". Particularly when it comes to deals on beer.
    Thanks for that double entendrey.
  15. Flash

Flash Member

+2 here in Nashville for the game tonight.