12 New Inventions That Could Change the World?

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Seeker1, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Military Exoskeleton (Sarcos/Raytheon XOS) - This exoskeleton is built for soldiers to set in and out of to perform a variety of different tasks. While in control of the XOS a soldier has the ability to lift more than 200 pounds with no effort. Primarily used for loading payloads and other labor situations a prototype is currently being built to combine several heavy weaponry into the exoskeleton. Further down the line shielding may become part of the design to protect the soldier within and eventually they exoskeleton my become an automated soldier all on it's own replacing soldiers in battle.

Glucose Contacts - New contact lenses have been created specifically for those with diabetes. Designed with a specific chemical gel the lenses when worn will change different colors alerting the wearer to their glucose levels and thus negating the need for drawing blood for regular testing.
    Flying Car - Not very long ago I wrote an article specifically on the flying car. It looks like a cross between a car and place but can fold up it's wings to drive down any normal road and the spread it's wings to take off from any airport.
    Electro-Holographic Display - This new technology is fairly self explanatory. It allows for full 3 dimensional objects to be shown and seen by the human eye without 3D glasses. If someone walks around the display they can see the object from all angles.
    Quadski - This hybrid is a cross between a water ski and a quad. You can ride it across the water or on land.

Link

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes please, I'll take 2.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

One flying car, please. Thank you.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

I'll take the glucose contacts. I don't have diabetes or anything I just think it would be fun to freak people out when my eyes start changing color.