2012 CFL Fantasy Game

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Mathgod, May 4, 2012.

1. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Following a 2 year hiatus, the GSG CFL fantasy game makes its return. This year, it will follow a much simpler, easier to understand system.

Here's the discussion thread (for now):
    http://forum.gostampsgo.com/showthread.php?t=19698

So far we have 12 participants who've expressed interest.

RJ*
    iso_55
    Geo_Jones_Dog
    Childress
    pigskin47
    LangdonFan
    PakCan
    Trojan97
    HB#1
    OBCT
    Mathgod
    RadioRyan

Please reply to confirm you're still interested, and if anyone else would like to participate, please reply ASAP since there are still up to 4 spots still available, and potentially more if people decide not to play. I'm looking to make a finalized list shortly, and getting on with the draft shortly thereafter, so please don't hesitate!

Tags:
  2. Stamps4Life

Stamps4Life Member

I'd like to join

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I will step aside to let Stamps4Life take my place, MG!!! If there isn't a waiting list.

4. Rids

Rids Member

MG if your pool fills up and others want to play I'm considering kickstarting my old FFL with head to head, old school rules and a max of 6 teams.

I'm not a rotisserie fan and prefer the results scoring method.

5. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Me too! But it's a real pain for one guy to tabulate all the results each week. I tried that kind of scoring system a few years ago and it was time consuming to say the least. Unless you have a bunch of people working together, or some kind of sophisticated system which pulls the data from CFL.ca automatically... I'd say it might not be worth the chore.

But anyhow, one other thing to mention regarding this fantasy game... you need to be active on GSG in order to play. We plan on using that board when we do the draft, so you'll need to still be using your account over there to be able to participate.

6. petermerrill

petermerrill Member

I'd like to join.

7. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Thanks for your interest petermerrill. The game was run last year and I'm undecided as to whether I'll be doing any sort of fantasy game this year.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I really liked the game we played on GSG a few years ago where we drafted players at every position. The only problem with that was there were too many teams so if you lost a running back or qb there was no one there to replace him. If we could find someone to administer that game it would be fun. But perhaps limit it to 7 players (teams) so in case of injuries we can still replace players. Or go with 8 but not 9. We went with 9 & that is what happened. I lost my rb & qb & couldn't replace them.