2013 Season Kickoff GDT - Montreal @ Winnipeg @ 7pm

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Stamps Rule, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Tonight is the 2013 season kickoff game, and we can finally get things started.

Montreal at Winnipeg.

Is the new Winnipeg stadium open yet? :bag:

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

They just christened the thing earlier today. Garth Buchko was buried in a slab of unfinished concrete beside the statue of Doug Brown.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I wonder if Brown is going to be the same @$$ he was on the radio last home game? What a tool. Like, stay off the air you pompous jerk.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

For Deuvl - We got ourselves a brand new Rainman.

Rainman II, The Hawkman!!! Love this guy. He's absolutely out of his mind!!!

Plus, I could prolly sell this guy a ton of books! ie. Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Russ Jackson, Leo Cahill, Jim Young, etc.

New look for TSN - Dave Randorf welcomes PLOP, Matt Dunigan and Milt Stegall - an all-bomber panel!!!

Bomber fans solved the traffic problems - get there 2 hours early!

Only thing to wait for is to see if Drowzy Joe Mack is a huge con man and/or Tim 'The Excuse-Man' Burke can coach!!!

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Buck barfs up a wounded duck pick with 7 man protect. Way to suck the air out of 33,000 lemmings Bucko!!

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

For the record, I'm thinking Buck is addicted to punishment!

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Hey Kenny Ploen thanks for coming now get out of the way cuz it's all about MILT TIME... Was that planned???? What a slap in the face for Ken... All he did was win 4 Grey Cups.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

Almost shed a tear when Kenny P. came out looking like a million dollars. Then like u say Al, he got dirted by Buchko's plan to honour Milt.

Didn't matter. Tim 'The Excuse Man' Burke always looks like he's coaching his first game.

9. Rids

Rids Member

Well Jade caught 3 passes tonight. Brings his career total to 4 and still the Bomb can't pull out the win.

10. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

He loves to get hit, doesn't he?

11. Rids

Rids Member

2 punt return TDs in the same game?

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

That was total bullshit & disrespectful to a Bomber great who deserved better. Why'd they even bring Ken out? i was speechless watching that. Suddenly it was all about Milt catching a td pass at IGF. I wonder what some of the other Bomber greats thought?

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

If you looked closely at the lineup of old bomber legends (they weren't announced btw, TSN was too busy airing a fabulous feature on Vince McMahon look-a-like Dan Hawkins; actually Hawk looks more like one of McMahon's stooges) but I saw Wad Miller, Paul Bennett, Bobo McNeill and unbelievably the Dark Lord himself, Lyle Bauer. I'm pretty sure Bauer won't be working again as a CEO or GM of any pro football team - except the Bombers. He has a ton of friends, secreeted in hidden areas of the bomber board so if Mack is axed early and Buchko gets run outta dodge, then Lyle might be the guy they look at for a second run as team saviour. I admit its hard to get top guys to come to Winnipeg so Lyle might have a chance for a second run (third run actually, he was Cal Murphy's coffee boy for a couple years after he retired). So then might Mike Kelly, Jeff Reinbold or other sours.

14. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Wade Miller has put on a ton of weight, wow!! Can't see Bauer ever working for the Bombers again. That game pissed me off. Don't even want to talk about it. Other than Buck sucking all game long & Crowton coaching not to lose, so the team did. Couldn't hold a 2 td lead in the 4th quarter, typical. The Bomber way.

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Happy for the Hawk. No better way to start your pro career than in the land that lord Grey forgot.