4 Reasons Why the Stamps are Struggling to Start 2015

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by ChrisRCCFB, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ChrisRCCFB

ChrisRCCFB Member

Yesterday I posted an article to my blog about why Calgary's start to 2015 hasn't been near as dominant as many expected it to be. I thought this might be a good place to share it, and I'd be very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts about Calgary's struggles thus far. (Note: I use "struggles" loosely, because 3-2 is still a fine start, but I know it isn't quite what you guys were hoping for)

You can read the article by clicking HERE

Tags:
    Bumpnrun and Tundra Mustang like this.
  2. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Teams are gunning for the Stamps and one intangible which is missing is the level of execution. Right now both the coaches and the players have to be more focused on game day. The team right now seem to be in a funk offensively, gives up too many big plays on defense and on special teams take too many penalties.

3. ChrisRCCFB

ChrisRCCFB Member

When I dug into the numbers yesterday the turnover and penalty stats really surprised me. Second poorest turnover differential in the league, 2 games with 3 or more turnovers. No game with under 10 penalties, including a 19 penalty 152 yard performance against Toronto. I think that's the heart of it to, what you said, not executing and simply not being prepared for the way in which teams will go after a defending champion.