6 Year CIS TV Deal

Discussion in 'Calgary Dinos and CIS Talk' started by Rids, May 8, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

The CIS has signed a 6 year deal with SportsNet to broadcast the key sporting events of the year.

http://www.cisblog.ca/2013/05/on-cis-and-sportsnets-big-six-year-deal.html

More:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-announces-six-year-deal-with-cis-including-vanier-cup/

2. Rids

Rids Member

Follow up article to the TV deal

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-cis-plots-local-market-push/article12300523/

Madman likes this.
  3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Local media in the big markets don't care about the CIS. To ignore is the Canadian way.

4. Rids

Rids Member

Well most CIS schools make it really easy for the local media to ignore them. Most of the time during my years in Calgary there was nothing leading up to the game and maybe a short article after the game was over, usually using general terms and not drawing attention to any of the players. It was only in the moments that a major record was being set (Richard Bohne's for example) that there was any publicity featuring an individual.

Even walking around campus at U of C on game day it was hard pressed to find a mention. The flyers for the Den were usually 4 times the size.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The CIS seems to have this... On Game Day they will come... but they never do.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I stopped caring about the CIS decades ago because all you see at the football games are empty seats. Other than pulling for & cheering for players I know, if the CIS is satisfied with empty seats, little media coverage & doesn't seem to care then why should I?

7. Flash

Flash Member

Because passionate fans need to drive the bus. Preferably drive that bus over the idiots in charge of the marketing.

ArgoCister likes this.
  8. Rids

Rids Member

I know it's like beating a dead horse but here's another example of the CIS just not getting it and their schools being very disconnected from their own athletic programs.

Flash likes this.
  9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Probably too late now but I guess the alumni dinner could have been moved.

10. Rids

Rids Member

Most schools arrange it so that the alumni are there to take in the sporting event or events of the weekend. Seems pretty short sighted of the University especially with several alumni leading the football program.

11. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Won't argue with you on that. It is ridiculous.