A buddy gave me a HD box. Highly recommended

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

My buddy gave me his old Shaw HD box for me to use because he just signed a contract with Telus (IDIOT!) and they gave him on of their boxes.

It was fairly easy to hookup with HDMI cables, but I lost some of my regular channels when I switched from the digital TV box to the HD box, so I had to call Shaw and they straightened it out.

The picture is amazing, but that's not the best part. The best part is the ability to record shows with the built-in memory.

I recorded about 8 hours of TV just yesterday that I would normally miss because I'm either not up when it comes on or my schedule just doesn't permit me to watch it when it comes on.

Now, that's not to say that I'm going to watch 8 hours of TV a day, just that when I am watching it, I can watch what I want and not just what's on at the moment.

I highly recommend you get one if you don't already have one. They're well worth the $200 or $300 that Shaw charges.

The only problem is that mine is old (maybe 3-4 years old) and doesn't have much memory. A regular CFL game takes up about 15% of the storage capacity, but it was free so I'm not complaining.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to 2005.

:p

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Now all you have to do is get rid of that 12 inch black & white set you have.

4. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I know. :s

I would have bought one earlier, but didn't.

I'm weird when it comes to "technology".

They only thing I've ever been an "early adopter" of was Sirius radio in Canada. I was one of the first 500 people to sign up for Sirius radio here when they introduced it.

My computer and cell phone aren't that old, but I had a 36" tube tv up until a few years ago and then DOWNSIZED and bought a 32" flat screen. Who the hell downsizes tv size in this day and age? This guy.

I don't have an ipod, or iphone, or imac, or iTV. I don't have a working dvd player either, or wireless internet, or a tablet or any other gimmicky electronic that society tells me I "have to have".

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

What that tells me is you're cheap. ;)

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Or efficient?

7. stampsfaninedm

I am not really a tech guy either but i got an ipod well after they were popular and it is great. Society is right with those.

8. Rids

Rids Member

SFiE let me know if you need some more tunes for your iPod...I have a few kicking around here (not me singing which is a saving grace of mankind....)

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Rids, you do the football scouting. Leave the singing to Jessica. Except in the shower, of course. ;)

10. Rids

Rids Member

Oh I leave the singing to her, I just distribute to the world...