Adrian Peterson arrested for resisting arrest? My head hurts.

Discussion in 'American Football Talk' started by Christoph, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

So let me get this straight, Peterson was arrested because he was resisting arrest? How exactly does one do that?

Do you approach an officer and say something along the lines of "Hey Pig I know you're not trying to arrest me but you can't! Ha! Take that!" And then run away?

Or perhaps they arrested you knowing that you'd resist it because in your mind there is no grounds for them to arrest you. Little do you know, your resistance is all the grounds they needed and you merely justified their actions. Quite the clever ploy I'd say. A well laid trap.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The arrest for resisting arrest or the resisting of the arrest itself? Perhaps we'll never know. This may go down as one of those great unsolved mysteries of the universe...

Unless... TM, wtf?

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

It should make Viking fans worried that AP was caught by a couple of cops...where's the breakaway speed?

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

Haha good one Rids! Must be the lingering effect of the injury. All he had was left in his arsenal was his physicality...

Then again that's what got him into trouble in the first place.

It's funny that they didn't charge him with anything but resisting arrest though which is the whole reason why the story is has such a humorous irony to it.

Somehow this story reminds me of this sign.

[​IMG]

It's lucky they put that sign there otherwise you might cut yourself on it.

Oh wait! [​IMG]

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Resisting arrest could mean something as little as refusing to be handcuffed or fighting with officers. TM could fill us in.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

Oh if only he hadn't resisted arrest, then he wouldn't have been arrested. When will they learn? :p