Alex Hall Stampeders Bound?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The CFL trade deadline is approaching, (there's an all day TSN special for this, right?), and Arash Madani has mentioned Alex Hall of the Bomber's name a couple of times.

It now looks like Calgary may be making some calls to Winnipeg to see what it would take to move him west.

What do you think of potential trade for Hall?

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I think we know what it would take to move him west. ;)

And I've been surprised not to have seen his name mentioned by Bronks in the variety of threads he's started which exhort the Bombers to do a deal with Calgary for Tate or Glenn or... (sorry Bronks, but BLM's off the table).

Certainly, Hall's one of very few players on that roster in whom I think the Stampeders would have any interest at all.

But, given Dickenson's apparent endorsement in the media yesterday of Glenn as the starter for the rest of the year, you'd have to think that limits the field to Tate.

Unless that was a "misdirection play" authored by Dickenson which was designed to enhance Glenn's trade value. ;)

As for Hall himself, if the Stampeders have genuine interest in him, it probably means that Calgary believes their current tandem at DE (Hughes and Law) has only the balance of this season to play together, and that Law will test the 'warmth of the waters' to the south of us over the coming winter.

Anyway, that's what I think of the potential trade for Hall.

TM