Alexander Radulov trade or release imminent in Nashville.

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Christoph, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Russian Rat was a late season rental. He'll play one more NHL season to serve out his NHL committment before returning to the less stressful (and home-based) KHL...

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

For a year, no. Let him go back to the KHL.

4. Rids

Rids Member

He has filled his contract. He'll be given a qualifying offer and then if he signs anywhere else the Preds get a 2nd round draft pick. Otherwise he'll be a KHL All-Star again.

I believe the out to 4am in Scottsdale, Arizona is only part of that story.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

I think you're right. There has to be more to the story and I'm sure we'd all love to know what. The guy has so much talent and should be a star over here but he somehow blows it incredibly fast every time he gets another chance. I sincerely thought it would be different this time, that he would have grown up during his time away. I don't think anyone could have predicted that he'd flame out faster than ever this time.

I still think that if a team has a strong enough leadership core they could make it work but I don't know how many teams in that position would want the headache.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Too bad the KHL isn't full of coaches like Boris "Chuckles" Kulagin & the USSR has ceased to exist. Guys like Radulov would be on their best behaviour thankful for their chance to play hockey in North America. Times have changed.