All East-West Weekend

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Liske, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Liske

Liske Member

It's an all inter divisional match up this weekend.

So far the Argos have beaten the Lions, and the Ti-Cats have prevailed over the Eskimos. So the East is helping us stay atop the West. I just hope we can beat Montreal and the RedBlacks can beat the Riders (although I'm not putting any money on the latter).

Tags:
  2. oilpatchhilbily

Go Ottawa......lol

3. Rids

Rids Member

The East is having themselves a big week.

4. Liske

Liske Member

Overtime Final:

Riders 35
    RedBlacks 32

In clutch situations, and when the pressure is on, you can always count on Henry Burris to crap the field.

I am sooo glad he's no longer in red and white.

Doogie58 likes this.
  5. oilpatchhilbily

You're right Liske.....no argument. He is his own worst enemy....will however hold a special place with the Stamps for our last GC (not easy to come by).

Tundra Mustang and deuvl like this.
  6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

What a crazy finish in Regina.

Flash likes this.
  7. oilpatchhilbily

.....entertaining for sure lol

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

After that one, I'm never gonna back the Redblacks again...:mad:

Well, at least not this season...

The one game this year, just sitting on a platter for them, with Sunseri at the helm for the 'riders, and with Hank having something to prove....

TM

9. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep, they snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory - nice work Frank. :stinkyfeet:

10. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

friday night should be interesting in ottawa with both teams on only 5 days rest. i'll be there with my dad.

Vicki likes this.
  11. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

All Burris proved with the game on the line in the 4th Quarter with less than 3 minutes left, is he has ZERO idea any more, on how to finish out a game. That lame ass draw play just before they kicked the field goal to go up by 8 was a brutal call. You are a 1-9 football team, with the riders on the ropes. FFS - GO FOR IT - 1 completion and a first down, and you get out of Regina with a win. But no - we get those now all too familiar "Frank eyes" from Burris, and he clearly can't breathe out there, and he runs the frakin' draw play to center up the field goal. If he had ANY guts or LEADERSHIP at all, he audibles out of whatever the co-ordinator had called and goes for a safe pass, to Henry or someone, and try to get the first down. If you miss on the pass you still get to kick the field goal - the 4 yards they got on the stupid ass run made no difference. When they came away with the 8 point lead with two minutes left, you JUST KNEW the Gopher gang were going to score a TD, especially in Regina, and sure enough, they throw the ball all over the field and with a cheap PI penalty, gets it done. Then in overtime he sure enough, lobs up an interception.

Thing is, even if Demarco was healthy, and Desjardins and Campbell had seen enough of Henry by now, who the hell would want him? They are stuck with that monster contract and no ability for two more years now. Kevein Glenn would have been MUCH the better choice in my mind, to mentor DeMarco. Along with a couple of better players with the difference between Burris Money and Glenn money.

Madman and Tundra Mustang like this.
  12. Liske

Liske Member

I honestly thought Ottawa would be a better team. They had the benefit of an expansion draft, they picked and got two veteran QBs. But now they are the joke of the league. Doesn't make sense.

Re: Kevin Glenn...He has been lucky the last few years, getting signed as a back up for different teams, only to become the starter for most of the season each time. He was wise to get out of Ottawa. And the RedBlacks were dumb to hire Burris. But I guess GM Desjardins just saw Henry's big arm and not his downside. Glenn would have been a better choice for them.

Doogie58 likes this.