Al's Thoughts

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Rids, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

More knocked out players:

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2012/11/ ... er-riders/

I think the League will review the concussion protocols with the Stampeder training staff this week. Really when you saw Tate holding his head on the field after the Tea George hit you could tell something was wrong. And if McDaniel was knocked out but came back to make a catch (did he sit out 3 plays?) later that drive it's too many head shots.

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Went back through the play by play. McDaniel actually made 2 catches after that rub play. It was 2 drives prior to the final one.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Does the CFL have the concussion protocols the NFL is supposed to have? I mean, Jay Cutler played the remainder of the first half after he was diagnoed with a concussion, so no system is infallable.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

I'm not a doctor (just play one in my mind) but the trouble with protocols is there appears to be a substantial delay in some cases, particularly rock-ribbing head shots.

Similar to body contusions. Just had a fall myself last week and I used my left hand to brace the fall on open pavement (don't ask me how). I bust a blood vessel in my nose, had some hard scrapes on knees and some tiny scrapes on hands but it wasnt til the next day that the hand blew up and turned near black, nearly 24 hours although I could tell something was wrong minutes after the fall.

Protocol should include a mandatory 45 minute withdrawl from game after monster hits, particularly if the man needs assistance to trot off the field.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

If 45 minutes off were required after monster hits, Nick Lewis would never play more than 15 minutes a game! :p