An American's Guide To The Cfl

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Jun 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Cauz: An American's guide to the CFL
    Matthew Cauz, CFL.ca

After dealing with stories of Justin Bieber speeding around in his LA gated community or showing up to Miami Heat playoff games clad in sunglasses, a leather tee shirt and more jewelry than Mr. T, I couldn't help but feel apologetic to our American neighbours. We kind of unleashed 'it' south of the border. Just didn’t seem fair.

As a peace offering, I’d like to offer our American friends the chance to get to know our league, and all the great things that make it what it is.

Please have a seat…try our ketchup chips and Smarties.

Now while you are snacking on our fine junk food, please allow me to give you a quick primer on some of the teams, names and other key fundamentals of the CFL.

Read more: http://www.cfl.ca/article/cauz-an-americans-guide-to-the-cfl

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Good article but missing one key piece that draws the Americans back to their TVs. The league is full of players they knew and loved in college.

3. Flash

Flash Member

I think the pace of the game draws a lot of people in too. Not everybody loves the 40 second NFL playclock.

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

and watch some Rocket Robin Hood.

5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

The big difference is pretty much the value of the game. Players in the CFL play more for the love of the game due to the low salaries. NFL in most cases it is millionaires playing against millionaires it is a business nothing more similar to the NHL.