Any Hardcore Collectors?

Discussion in 'Stamps Tickets' started by Mathgod, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Just wondering if anyone out there is a hardcore collector of anything and everything Stampeder-related.

Went digging through an old closet and found a large stash of game tickets dating as far back as 2006, as well as some Calgary Sun pamphlets. If anyone is interested in collecting these types of things let me know. Just figured it run it by here before discarding them.

Obviously everything is free, just say if you want them.

2. Bronko

Bronko Member

Good stuff mathgod - generally un-signed material under 20 years old doesn't reach vintage status, and of course it certainly doesn't fall into antique status either. Ignoring 'signed' stuff the most unique collectible CFL stuff are game programs from the earliest days (ie. 1930s to 1950s), Grey Cup programs, early beehive photos, the earliest chewing gum cards (started around 1952). That's the paper category - game-worn jerseys from the 30s to 50s are next, game used footballs and odd stuff like official score-cards, rule books, player game booklets, etc.
    Unusuals - seats from old stadiums, old advertising cards for CFL games, Grey Cup rings, trophies (forgotten or discarded), etc.

My favourite Calgary memento as a 1940s Calgary Bronks program - little red book in stapled wraps. Got it around 2003/2004 and sold it to a Wpg. media guy who was a serious collector. Value at the time (selling price agreed to buyer and seller was $140 if memory serves)

I used to do a Grey Cup Sale when GC was held in Wpg. but probably won't be doing one this year. For one I don't have as much CFL stuff as I once used to - perhaps only 50 or 60 items (balls, cards, programs, photos, schedules, etc.) and I lost my lease last year to a guy that seems to have had an extensive Nazi background.

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd be interested actually but I don't want to get in the way of any locals who'd like first dibs.

4. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

image.jpeg Here's my collection, hope you all like

deuvl likes this.
  5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

like an Indianapolis helmet soaked in blood.

6. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

The one bar helmet is red but the other is like a maroon red. Yeah I'm a sucker
    for the horseshoe helmet.