GAME DAY Are the Stamps too beat up?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bumpnrun, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Well I have to say with Chris Jones moving on I have a little less animosity to the boys in green.
    Why is it every season it seems the Stamps have more starters in one position on the 6 game injured list than starters?
    Last year it was receivers, year before the oline. Now it is the dline.
    I just think this team is too beat up and doesn't have enough depth like in seasons past to overcome the hostile environment in Riderville. The key is the offensive line and offense in general will have to be outstanding to have any sort of chance in this game.
    Lets go Stamps. Show the rest of the league this team is not all about BO!

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

So far so good.

Arbuckle playing well, the offensive line opening up some running laes, and both Williams and Carey running well behind it.

D-line with 3 sacks and Tre Roberson with his 4th pick on the season.

15-3, Stampeders at the half.

Go Stamps go! :D

TM

3. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Well I guess they are not too beat up after all.
    Tonight might have been the Stamps most complete game {not counting the Grey Cup} since Labour Day last year.
    Well done by everyone all around.
    I have to admit I have been very critical of DD play calling in the earlier two games this year. However from the start of the game, the Stamps executed the game plan to perfection.
    Arbuckle looking good. Actually throws a pretty good ball. Good accuracy.
    Onto Hamilton and the Ticats.
    Go Stamps Go.

4. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I know they are brothers, but the handshake at the end was classy. Thank goodness don't have to watch Jones anytime soon.
    Who should get the games ball tonight?
    Tuning into AM770 for post game chatter.
    Way to go Stamps.

5. AllSportsCalgary

I am probably being too ... reserved, and even though I love it when the Riders loses, and especially when it is the Stamps that do it, and even better when they hang a complete beating one them, if I ignore the colour's, and just look at the reality, both of our wins have come against bad teams. One win we barely scrapped out. Admittedly, I think that we could actually be 3 - 0, the Ottawa game was winnable. But until we beat someone good, I am just going to remain cautiously optimistic.

That said, this week, the offence and defense looked head and shoulders better than they have in the prior two games. If the team continues to improve like this, we may well be the team looking down on everyone else again by Labour Day.

6. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

So what?

You can lose to bad teams, or you can beat 'em.

The game gets played either way and someone gets the win.

I know where my preferences lie.

Let's face it, the 2019 Stampeders, with all the personnel changes both on the field and on the sidelines, are a work in progress until the contrary is proven.

Until they gel in all facets of the game, I'll take any win they can garner.

Beating contenders or also-rans makes no difference in the standings when everything is tallied up.

After all, each game all season long is still worth 2 points...;)

TM

Addicted likes this.
  7. AllSportsCalgary

I am not saying I didn't like the wins, I am saying I am being cautious in my evaluation until the Stamps play one of the three teams ahead of them in the over-all standings. I think it is hard to gauge where they are at at this point of the season, when the teams they have beat are so dismal.

Edited to say, Edmonton is just tie with them, not ahead of them in the standings.

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure, but that's really the way it is all season long.

In some years you really don't know what you have until the Grey Cup game has been played, and you rejoice if your team was in it, and the game finishes with your club ahead on points when the final gun sounds.

How many years have the Stampeders been the class of the league but were unable to close the deal?

And in those years, who remembers how many contenders they beat along the way?

No one is planning the 2019 Grey Cup victory parade in Calgary at this point.

But in the meantime, take any win you can get, over anyone you play, contender or otherwise.

And try to enjoy it.

TM

Addicted likes this.
  9. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I honestly didn't expect the Stamps to play as good as they did last night. With all the injuries and not knowing how Arbuckle was going to respond being in a hostile environment, the win was a pleasant surprise. I thought as team their execution and emotional investment was the difference. I agree take a win anytime go can get one. Next week another big challenge facing the Stamps with the Ticats.

Tundra Mustang likes this.