As expected Drowsy Joe drops FA Ball

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Not only did The Country Squire, Joe Mack miss out on signing Couchy Muambo (Henoc's brother) to bolster his flagging defensive and special teams core he also lost arguably his best defensive player today in FA Marcellus Bowman.

Marcellus anteed up with Hamilton. He did have knee surgery a couple weeks ago, shortly after Mack offered him a 'Goodwill Contract', meaning incentive laden, but stay with the team until rehabbed.

Bowman Balked. Joe Mack Talked.

I suspect Hamilton knows the guy won't be much good for the first half of season, but probably ready by Labour Day for a concerted push to the finish line.

Something is rotten in Denmark. If Denmark is the home of bad football, worse hockey and suspicious politics.

At least Dancing Gabe has re-upped as mascot!!!!:D

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I have never seen a GM get paid so much to do so little. And his disciples all preach how every available FA is overpaid & overrated. I mean, there is nobody.... I mean, NOBODY out there good enough to play for the Bombers. No worries, the disciples say. Joe will bring in some hotshot players that we never heard of who are twice as good & will play for half as much as Bowman or any other FA out there still left to sign. The banging you hear is the sound of hammers putting the final nails in his coffin as GM. If the Bombers get off to a bad start, he is done. More & more fans are becoming disllusioned with the man. There are more people asking questions & getting vocal with the minority that still believe he has a plan. He does have a plan. To be cheap.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bombers are top-heavy loaded in overpaid CEOs, Construction CFOs, Assistant CEOs, CFOs. OFCs, PFCs, house vagrants, lop=siders, anthropods and more.

At least when my good buddy Lord Lyle Bauer ruled the roost he put on a flurry of activity (mostly noise) to give the shill fans some hope. Mack is just burying the franchise. Gravesite to be determined. I'm sure the ceremonies will be sold out!!!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

There is hope. If he buries the franchise, he buries himself. Although the way Buchko works, he may give him a raise.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Popp, Austin and Barker couldn't be happier.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

I'm almost at the tipping point.

The tipping point is bringing back a bomber front office

consisting of Lord Bauer, Maggot Kelly & Bubu Burke....

Nothing could be as bad as Barf Buchko, Stink-Eye Joe, Bob Bell, Osama Bin Useless & Champagne Jerry Maslowsky. AWFUL!!!

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

except maybe Jeff Toiletbowl but he's hammy's problem now.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Jeff made his mark as a very good ST coach in the CFL. I think he will do a very good job in Hamilton. Having Chris Williams as a returner will make the job easier for him, that is for sure.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

If ToiletBowl pulls any funny stuff in Hamilton, I'm sure Tommy Dreamer (Austin) will be monitoring him!

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Based on Bomber off-season adds (virtually none), drops (Bowman, Vegas, etc.) and guys too pooped to pop (Pierce, Jovon Johnson, etc.) plus virtually no coaching upgrades other than Craig Dickenson coaching STs I'm now convinced the Bombers will finish with no more than six wins, as few as three.

Dickenson is a huge upgrade at special teams. However, the stock he's being provided with (inferior men) will quickly make him a popular firing target in Wpg.

Based on serving up the same QB barfbaggage (Pierce, Joey, Alex) they will even have a hard time competing in many of their games as superior foes will sense their fear and weakness and expose it violently.

Mack will be sewer food by Labour Day, perhaps sooner! The WPg Blue Bombers are pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Brown, The Friendly Giant as Interim General Manager.

11. Jayman

Jayman Member

Agreed. The real prob for my Big Blue is the microscope they are moving into/under.
    A few stinkers out at "The Ewe" and the fans will go ballistic.
    Big coin for BadAsper, Butchko, sign bands, fancy box for the Bored, combined with none on the field and the subsequent crap product, this has all the makings of an Egyptian Presidential campaign.
    O, did i mention lousy parking @ minus 20?
    Brown would have the shortest toughest CFL Big Kahuna term if he took this one.
    I say its "KPMG in the Official roll as Receiver", who takes it next.
    4 plus juice? Not happening. So sad.

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I do wish him well there. Thought he did a decent job for the als in 2012. I mean first place is first place after all.