Aug 25 - Stampeders vs Roughriders

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

gonna have to skip this one. soccer game this afternoon. enjoy.

3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Are we playing on the road?

Oh, we are? We'll that's almost a guaranteed win.

I'll be listening on the radio.

24-19 for the good guys.

4. Rids

Rids Member

I gotta get online earlier I guess!

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

We saw how penalties hurt the Bombers last night. We certainly know how they cost the Stampeders this season. In order to win, the entire Stamps team has to buy into playing disciplined & unselfish football. It's about the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back.

6. Rids

Rids Member

Remember you can use the Chat feature in the lower left. Chat room is open for some pre-game football talk!

7. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

I have a bad feeling about this one. It would be nice for the Stampeders to get on the board early for once and be the front runners for once.

8. Rids

Rids Member

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Is Khan playing? Dressed? Starting?

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Good W by Stamps this aft.

Glenn, Cornish & OC Dave Dick all looked Jacked!!!

For the riders, that three game winning start may have saved their arses.

They've got a back to back with the bummers. I suspect Burke won't get much respect from his players as he's not known as a players coach.

Riders always have boners for bombers and if they sweep up they'll go to 5-5.....and stay alive in the west!

11. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Not a fan of the team going overly conservative after getting the 14-0 lead but 2 points is all that counts.

12. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Yep that coach firing really screws the Stamps. If they leave things as is they probably split at worst but Riders will likely easily sweep the home and home.

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

The only other upgrade I see with Wpg/Sask/Calgary is that if ridres figure the combo platter of Khari Jones and Bob Dyce are too wobbly, they could alwys call back Paul Lapolice for the balance of the season. Even though Lapo is going to receive paycheques of $250,000 to $300,000 for the next 3 years, he's only 42 or 43 and I'm sure he could work out a deal where he keeps plying his trade (assistant coach). If he gets $100k as an assistant in Sask'n then perhaps Wpg has a case to only pay Paul the differential or somesuch settlement.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Mavis Reed is also a big Lapolice friend. If the Esks start to fade, I suspect Lapo could be convinced to make his way to Edmonton for a stint as Reed's assistant.

Just don't put Paul in charge of clock managment or 2 minute offenses.

15. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Workmanlike win by the Stampeders in horrendous wind conditions in Regina today.

It wasn't the most thrilling conquest by Calgary in the more than 45 years that I've watched 'em play, but they did a great job of clock management and ball control over the last 3 minutes of the game, and especially during their final drive over the last 2 minutes of regulation time, which left the 'riders and their fans deflated with nowwhere to go.

Except home. :D

Some excellent work by Cornish in the backfield throughout the game and a nice ball control offence run by Glenn.

Full marks to Dickenson for some inspired pkay-calling (especially the pass in the flat to Cote late in the fourth when everyone in the park thought Jon Cornish was gonna lug the mail...) ;)

The Stampeders with that victory win the season series against the 'riders in the event of a season-end tie in the standings...

Now it's on to the back-to-back with the Eskimos and let's win both of those! :D

TM

16. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Rider fans always classless. Booing Taylor when he got hurt.

17. Liske

Liske Member

Not the prettiest win, but it's two points. BTW, I thought Maver had an outstanding game, with several money punts into the wind. Hats off to Maver.

The upcoming Labour Day Classic is going to be a huge 4 points up for grabs with 2nd and 3rd place kind of tight in the West.

18. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Chamblin's Ti Cat curse... Never mock the Cats & say "MEEEEOWWW"!!! He's doomed.

19. Bronko

Bronko Member

Champ (Chamblin) will get the ship righted next two weeks as he'll be served up a couple helpless portions of Buchko's Curse....Bombers could be eviscerated with the shock of the Paul L. firing.

20. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I admit I am in shock. I expected the Riders to do better in front of their home crowd. That tie break could be huge in the final standings.