B.C. at Montreal

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by deuvl, Aug 31, 2012.

1. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Friday Night Football!

Tonight a couple of records might be broken.

AC going for a league breaking 8th consecutive 300 yard game to beat Doug Flutie.

SJ Green trying to complete 10 catches in a third consecutive game for the first time in cfl history.

Pretty cloudy. Not expecting more than 22,000 tonight. The battle of the first place teams not enough to draw fans to the stadium. :s

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nothing changes in Montreal. I guess your former ex canadiens, ex Als president really screwed up. But shouldn't the fans move on?

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

In reality what that president did was expose that the als stadium fan base is really only 22,000 strong. The remaining 3,000 will take a whole lot of ass kissing to bring them in. That's not to say there are a lack of fans. Our TV ratings are pretty high.

we might just break 22,000 tonight if the rain stays away.

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

BOOM. Lions down early 7-0. AC ade it look wat to easy against a supposed good D. End of the line fr the Lions. Losing streak coming.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

They must be charging $50 to $125 a ticket. Does Wettenhulk think he's promoting a Mike Tyson comeback?

Anyways, Quebec has become football country in recent years but obviously not to the extent of prairie CFL.....

Look at the vomit and bunk Winnipeg consistently puts out and the fact a city of 500,000 (plus the 250,000 welfares and 50,000 youth criminals) can draw consistently near 30,000.... and Regina with only 200,000 in city can draw the same, both teams with atrocious teams.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Lots to talk about tonite. However, my main observation is how darn poised Benevides looks on the sideline. Fairly polished and decisive. Not blowing up continually and mangling the clock a la plop in wpg. Montreal matches up really nicely with Vancouver but its still tied at 17 with a few minutes left in the third.

7. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Pretty average game so far.

8. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Wow, awesome catch by Jackson.

9. Rids

Rids Member

Been a good battle. Tough to get in the message board with so much football going on. The Boise State - Michigan State game is a battle too (with more INTs).

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Good game. Both teams well-schooled in fundamentals. You have to earn your turnovers cuz nobody is giving them up like halloween apples....

I think Geroy Simon will make a great CFL coach one day (maybe after this year) when he aborts his playing career. Lots of great intensity on the sidelines, he's not moping cuz he's nicked.

11. Rusty

Rusty Member

Que the Lions losing streak. My score next week is Mon 30- BC 29.

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

35 to 120 dollars actually you weren't far off. We have had the greatest team with the fewest support over the last 15 years. It's always a goddamn battle but we just keep coming through.

Now to try and score MORE than one point in BC place next saturday. On that note I'm off to Toronto and the final LDC in Hamilton monday with my dad. It's my second straight LDC there but my first against the argos. A ticat win gives us a 2 game lead, no question who I'll be rooting for :D

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

we could pull it off. still a long shot though but if we lose it's no biggie.

14. Rusty

Rusty Member

ALS will win next week. Book it. I need you to bet against them though if I want to catch you. :p

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

we'll see who rids picks first. we need to know which of you two will be the top contender.