Baggs rebuilding CFL career with hard work and commitment

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, May 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

bags-e1347318867957.jpg

Stampeders defensive lineman stayed in Calgary during the off-season to work out and attempt to overcome injury woes
    Vicki Hall, CalgaryHerald.com

As part of his off-season job as special projects manager for The Goliath Group of Companies, Stevie Baggs took calls from homeowners in desperate need of emergency restoration.

“I did a lot of work for MDR Services,” says the personable Calgary Stampeders defensive end. “When someone has a flood or sewage backup or fire or roof damage, at MDR, we come out and deal with all that stuff.

“People wake up at 3 o’clock in the morning and their house is flooded. Obviously, they’re stressed and worried and panicked.”
    At 31, Baggs is on the verge of tackling a major restoration project of his own — the resurrection of his professional football career.
    Minus the stress, worry and panic.

“Oh my goodness, I feel amazing,” says the Fort Lauderdale native. “I’m not done. I never considered quitting.

“We never understand what’s ahead of us, but our preparation can help us have confidence in the days ahead.”

The loquacious quarterback hunter is best known for piling up 12 sacks for the Saskatchewan Roughriders in a splendid 2009 season (that just happened to end in disaster due to the 13th man at the Grey Cup.)

Since then, the larger-than-life lineman has bounced around from the Arizona Cardinals to Hamilton Tiger-Cats to the Baltimore Ravens, and, finally, last September, the Stampeders.

Hampered by a quadriceps injury suffered in Ravens training camp, Baggs played in the grand total of one game for the Stamps in 2012.

Still, John Hufnagel invited the six-foot-one, 241-pounder back for another audition on the defensive line.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...ebuilding+career+with+hard/8438073/story.html

Tags: