Bantam Stampeders #66

Discussion in 'More Sports' started by GRB, Aug 20, 2012.

1. GRB

GRB Member

For football fans who want to watch a young player that could one day dominate High School, College and Professional Ranks... check out the Calgary Stampeders Bantam football team and watch for defensive lineman #66 (you won't have a hard time finding him.)

His name is Isaac Mabiala. He's 14 years old, stands a little over 6'2 and I'd guess he weighs around 250 lbs. This kid is not just big... but he is an athlete! Enormously strong and very fast. He won Defensive Lineman of the year in the Bantam football league as a 13 year old rookie and I'd put money on him winning league MVP in 2012. He played this past weekend in the Calgary Bantam Jamboree and I lost track of the number of times he sacked the QB and tackled the RB for a loss.

He trains with former Stampeder Marvin Pope.

Incidentally, I'm not his dad and my son plays on a different team... but he's impressive enough that I figured I'd let a few more football fans know that he's out there.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Hey GRB, it would be cool to have you as our local community football writer, if you know what I mean. You can post as much as you'd like or as little. Let me know if you want to post about bantam, high school or midget football as that would be great. Thanks for the heads up on this kid & welcome to Stampsfans!!

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Saw the kid play last night. He's big, scary & fast. He ran down a running back from behind last night which was something to see. They had him at LB (I think), DL & on the OL last night.