News BC Lions part ways with Andrew Harris

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Seeker1, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

BC Lions part ways with Andrew Harris

[​IMG]
    Image: BC Lions / Facebook
    Andrew Harris will not be back with the BC Lions, GM and head coach Wally Buono announced yesterday.

Wally Buono tells #TSN1040 that the @BCLions won't make an offer to @andrewharris33. "It's time to look at doing things differently"

— TSN Radio Vancouver (@TSN1040) February 3, 2016

Buono broke the news in an interview with Don Taylor and Barry MacDonald on the TSN 1040 afternoon show.

“Obviously last year was a very difficult year for him and it was very difficult for the football team too. At this point I’m not saying that we’re going to make him an offer, I don’t believe that we will. I think at this point it’s time for the club to look at doing things differently.”
    Link

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

So does Calgary kick the tires on Harris rather than Messam?

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Wadzilla & Fifi Walters waiting for word of this from Pony Express Telegram!

New motto for '16 Bombers: "Have Ball, Will Unravel!"

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Would make a great title for Bill Spaceman Lee's next book

Harris heading home to his beloved home province of Manitoba should be good for a few extra ticket sales.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

He'll be 29 by the time season starts - according to Troy Westwood he doesn't look a day over 25 (at the gym).....
    Walters (aka the public trough) got burned on the Nick Moore hire so they don't want to go overboard for Husky Harris. I suspect they'll tell Harris's agent to hunt for other offers, bring the best one back to them and see if they can match.
    Unless they need an extra canuck starter at RB they'll probably wash off on a potential Harris hire. Harris will be seeking $140k to $165k (with a downstroke of $40 to $60k)
    Bombers can find any number of American hobos for $90k to $110k if they don't need the extra starter at RB.
    Teddy "Bear" Laurent is still available but I suspect Tennessee Corky is avidly pursuing him in Sask'n.
    Bombers just signed another Sask'n castaway in Macho Harris so I suspect they're still finding their American supply-chain plugged!

6. Jayman

Jayman Member

He has family in The Peg, The Big Blew need a score to kick start seasons, we dumped big coin in Moore & Pickard, Macho man wasn't expensive, he'd free up an import OL to try and keep DW alive (longer, not forever), Harris out of the backfield would, perhaps, slow down D's intent on curb stomping DW, Plop likes rb's who catch, so......The Jayman says "all in" .
    Now I've been wrong before, I said trade Thornton....

#6 Jayman, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Bronko likes this.
  7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Didn't you meet up with Tricky Dick (Thornton) at one point?
    Local media wobblies (Hefty Lawless hasn't arrived back from San Fran yet) are coming to the stark realization they don't have crap for an o-line and Drooper Wilfong will be under siege for the better part of the season (or until he's finally done in)

8. Jayman

Jayman Member

The Dick lived a few blocks away, second floor of an up/down duplex.
    I'm playing 6 man @ Crescentwood Community Club. One fall afternoon this guy shows up with one football. He talks me and a teammate into shagging punts for him. Wow could he launch a football, Dick Thornton.

9. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Wonder what Mr. Buono meant by " last year was a difficult year for him & the team"?? Hmmmm.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Wall-Eye continues to speak in quadruple entendres - his biggest fan, Robert Picton, Jr. can't even stand him and posts nonsense on riderrats. . . . . . Buryin'?, Maybe!

11. Jayman

Jayman Member

Harris shows up with the right attitude (something to prove!), Kylie finds some big bad import OL's to keep our Willy up, a few small ex-rider receivers catch the ball and we kick 88% of our FG's, who knows were all that could go? The ratio appears to now allow us an import MLB, the DL seems vastly improved, don't forget the time keeper we got, this is our year!!
    PLUS….all that old and tired concrete @ IGF has now been replaced, we are pointed str8t up!

And how do i know that? Harry Rosen just announced they are sold out on "56 short" single breasted suites with the muffin top pant feature, WAD knows this is his year, he gotsta look good…..