Best Jerseys All Time

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, May 11, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Tags:
  2. LangdonFan

LangdonFan Member

Cool story.

Those '48 stamps jerseys are awesome, a retro version of that would be cool.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

You can see in this article how Reebok & most CFL teams have absolutely no respect for traditions of the past. Black in Stamps uniforms? The Bombers jerseys with stripes going in 3 different directions on the sleeves & gold away jerseys. Just a hodge podge of stripes & colours all mismashed. Some uniforms are just plain ugly or in Saskatchewan's situation just bleh - boring. Each uniform used to be unique to every city. Now we have Saskatchwan & Calgary with the same design but different colours. Did they split the cost of research between them? The only teams that pay a little bit of attention to tradition are the Ti Cats, Argos & Eskimos. The others, well 5 more years of having to look at them as fans.

4. zBrain

zBrain Member

You can't be freakin serious. Go from bibs to fairy wings painted to look like candy canes?

The 1948 Stamps are legendary. The jerseys are horrid. Hideous. Terribad. Barf on my shoes flat out dog ugly.

I can't even find the words to describe how ugly that jersey is. It's actually disturbingly ugly.

I'm pretty sure they won all those games because they were pissed off to be forced to dress like that.

I think I just got trolled.

*walks away, mumbling obscenities*

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

So, to sum up then, zB, you think those '48 jerseys are "ugly"...have I got that right? :D

TM

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Just shows you one thing. WTH are we wearing black?

7. zBrain

zBrain Member

Yes, that about covers it. :D
    [hr]
    I like black as an accent color in small amounts. Like that pic of Nik posted somewhere I cant find now. Those were awesome.

Then they overdid it, by a long shot.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Black is so NOT a colour for the Stampeders. Why is the team messing with our tradition? Why do they feel they have to mess with something that was really good?

9. zBrain

zBrain Member

Like I say, I like it when used as an accent. I found the pic I was talking about...

[​IMG]

You could argue the socks and arm bands are too much black perhaps, but as far as the jersey goes I love it. The black outlining gives the numbers an almost 3D look, but the colors are very predominantly white and red.

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

That jersey is a marked improvement over what we have now.