Bomber Camp Weird Woes

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Taking out the botched transfer to the new Stadium Bomber training camp started out with a bang (7,500 marks out for first practice last Sunday) and has now slowed to a crawl/whimper.

Coach Lapolice (plop) has cut most practices short, sometimes to only 1 hour daily due to hot weather (27 to 29 degree scorching heat, in other words, winter in arizona).

The other notable is Buck Pierce looking like a house on fire both physically and mentally - which I'm always circumspect when your marquee player is shooting his wad early.

Also, despite plop's abbreviated practice schedule the injuries are starting to mount (all training camp injuries are shrugged off as nothing in winnipeg until the man can't go out into subsequent practices)......yesterday big Andre Douglas, one of the twin import OT towers went down hard on his hip running a special teams drill and is iffy, sending Paul Swiston into 1st team duty (NOT Tyson Pencer). Other injuries - Alex Suber DB, Brady Browne (S), RB Carl Volny, LB Renee Stephan, LB Marcellus Bowman, DB Brendon Stewart. No word either on the whereabout of Curly, Moe & Larry.

Days of reckoning coming quickly as Bombers have to field a team for exhibition schedule. The bigger concern is our giant holes on o-line (Labatte bolted for Regina, Obby opening a food place, Douglas injured and not very good to start with, January just a tad above average, Morley just a tad below average, nothing but giant faced rookies in backup roles), no Doug Brown, no O Willis, no Greg Carr, new OC in Gary 'The Crow' Crowton (good luck with that), etc.

Hey, its so bad maybe its good!

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If I was LaPo no way I'd play Buck until that OL situation is sorted out. We'll see in a few weeks if the Bombers not making any off season moves was a smart one.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

There's no way Plop follows your advice. He'll roll with Buck until the wheels fall off or one of his greenhorns misses a crucial assignment and Buck is planted. Bombers have a terrible arrogance about how good their charges are - even when they're getting ravaged during games.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

Luckily none of those things will take long to happen. :p

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

For Buck's sake, I hope the OL woes doesn't get him hurt as he took some hellaceous hits last season.

6. Christoph

Christoph Member

Yeah he did. You know what there was a time when I thought he was going to be the next star QB in the CFL. I remember him filling in for Dave Dickenson in BC for an extended stretch of the season looking every bit as good as him. But then the injury bug struck him about as bad as I've ever seen and he's been gradually regressing ever since. It's kind of sad actually.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Buck plays hero far too often for his own good. Holding onto the ball for that extra second and taking a hard late hit while his pass is incomplete anyways. Buck will also try to scamper for that extra 2 or 3 yards after bailing from the pocket instead of running out of bounds, taking more hits and risks as a result. You can't teach safe to reckless.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He did look like the next one in 2008 but that is football.