Bombers Gameday Experience???

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

From a poster at ob.com named "Randleman"

Okay I'll admit, I'm only writing this because I am bored at the moment, but this absolutely needs to be said.

I am so incredibly disappointed with our office management team. I was at the game last week, and it started with the security guard telling me I wasn't allowed to bring my water bottles Into the game. Making people pay $5 for a water bottle is NOT taking care of your patrons.
    During the game, HOW many times did we see commercials instead of replays? Or hear the stupid PAs going or audio commercials when the refs were explaining a penalty? Over 50% of the time for sure! But this is nothing new. Absolutely bush league and embarrassing.
    When was the last time we have seen a decent halftime show? Last week was a nice touch-the tribute to Cal, but Im talking about the last few years collectively. How about the pre game intros? Did a grade 8 student design them? They lack intensity and excitement.
    How about banning air horns? And other harmless noise makers? What are you trying to do Buchko, make us the lamest fans in the league? See BC Place please. Or only being allowed to buy one beer? It seems like our current management wants to cator the fan atmosphere to 6 year olds.
    The Gameday experience has gone progressively downhill in Winnipeg. The ONLY thing keeping it afloat is the noise the fans make. I went to a game at BC Place recently with a good friend from Vancouver, and the atmosphere There (fan intensity not included) was so far out of our league, it makes the Bombers product seem fit for a high school team. I am utterly embarrassed at the thought of inviting her to come see our bombers in Winnipeg one day.

Since I can't comment on ourbombers anymore - LIFETIME BAN - I'll bring it over to stamps fans before the Mad Mods remove it. Its a fair comment, based on experience and wanting more football from his experience. He also realizes how greedy Bochkonitis has become with the comment about water bottles. The aspect of commercials being piped into the stadium when refs are announcing calls totally substantiates my long-term decision to boycott gameday at Wpg Stadium. Anyone else have comments?

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Blue Bombers bring back women's football clinic october 21st. Participants will hit the turf to test their skills against some of the Bombers' best in a series of on field drills , defensive and offensive 'chalk talk' with Blue Bomber coaches and alumni...

the future, bronks. the best will be chosen for 2013. :D

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

WE IZ Selling Hope, WE IZ!!!!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Not having been to a game in Winnipeg since 2000, I can't comment fairly about the game experience there. I can only compare what was said to the game atmosphere at McMahon Stadium... Some points:

1) Water Bottles: You can't bring in water bottles to McMahon Stadium, either. So what?? I bet it's the same at every stadium in North America. Concessions are there to rip us off...errr.... make money so why the indignation. Try sneaking food or water into Yankee Stadium. Good luck with that. If you want a water bottle, then buy it & STHU.
    2) Not Being Able To Buy More Than One Beer: Never buy alcohol at a game so I can't comment other than to say I'm okay with that so I don't have to deal with some drunken yahoo next to me who consumed too many beers. I'm good with that...
    3) Noise During Game: I do agree. Too much advertising & too many dumb contests on the sideline... But the CFL teams need revenue so we have to learn to live with it. What's the alternative, no football???
    So in closing, quit bitching about nothing & just go to the games in Winnipeg. Or stay home. Your choice.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Our former prez did away with a lot of those contests to try and make us look more professional. Now we know that approach doesn't work in the cfl. we just like it bush.

6. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Mmmmm..... I thought only the Skydome was bad.
    i) Water bottles.... same in T.O.
    ii) Beer.... i'm pretty sure we are allowed 2 beers
    iii) noise..... similar in the Skydome..... but part of that is to create noise as the sound of 22,000 fans are lost in the cavern.

One plus for the other stadiums is that at least the profit from the concession stands are going to the owners of the team..... correct me if I'm wrong.... the profits at the Skydome go to the owners of the R.... Centre.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

The greatest legacy Moe Norman, Jr. (aka David Braley) could leave Toronto is to invest is a shiny new outdoor stadium holding approx. 24,000 folks (no use pushing anything more in TO)....

Cost of such a project on a minimal scale with some form of land contribution = approx. $40 to $65 million

Braley puts in $15 million
    Ontario govt. puts in $10 to $12 million
    Harper fascists put in $12 to $15 million
    City of Toronto (or participating municipality) puts in $5 million

Rest if financed by bond, ticket tax or concession rebates.

Lets get it on!!!!

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

A new stadium is needed in Toronto just to shove it in the Blue Jays beaks.

9. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Fantasy ..... There are too many groups in Ont. calling for the various government monies. Remember The Ticats had a hard time getting any funding. The stadium in
    Hamilton is in part due to the fact that the Pan Am games are in Ont in 2015 and the stadium will be used for some community services as well.
    Location is a problem as well in TO ..... Nobody wants a stadium.
    Mayor Ford would rather put money into a bigger stadium than Skydome in order to attract an NFL team.
    Oh ........ but to live the fantasy ....

10. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

I don't know that it's the Blue Jays..... More Rogers.

11. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Jays want to put in a grass field knowing that would kill the Argos playing there... And Rogers too. The 2 headed dragons.