GAME DAY Bombers invade McMahon

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Tundra Mustang, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm starting this a day early since I'm on a flight to Vancouver shortly, and I'll miss tomorrow afternoon's tilt with the Blue Bombers.

Nevertheless, I hope the Stampeders bounce back from their disappointing performance last week in Regina, and show up with a "statement game" on Saturday, which grounds the Bombers! ;)

Go Stampeders!

TM

Tags:
  2. AllSportsCalgary

This will be an interesting game and week in the CFL. I think the Stamps come back, and win pretty easily over the bombers. But I am also curious about the Rides game - did they just take a step and carry on from here, or did they just play their 'grey cup' match, and go back to mostly losing from here on out.

Go Stamps!

3. strujas

strujas Member

very interested to see how the Stamps respond from last weeks game...GO STAMPS GO!!!

4. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

Looking for a solid bounce back performance; stamps should win handily if they play well on both sides of the ball; and avoid turnovers which was the difference last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AllSportsCalgary

I think this might be the Stamps team this year. Some big plays, it goes back and forth, looks like it is not being effective, and yet, at games end, we are ahead by a couple scores, and the final score looks like we won easily.

It is making me wonder if I am a) under rating the opposition before kick off; and b) under appreciating the Stamps after kick off.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Nice full metal jacket stomping of a disinterested bomber squad. Internal civil wars seem to rule the day in Winnipeg w/ Festus (Matt Nichols) stirring the pot by rolling his receivers under the bus. Both Milt Stegall and Matt Dunigan also echo this problem. Mike O'Shea continues to be a stubborn cuss - Winnipeg fans, usually all in the running for "Lemming-of-the-Year" award are starting to turn on the stoic man. O'Shea is a mediocre tactical coach (proven over time) but he's a great player's coach. Guys who've lost speed or power are awfully proud to cash bomber paycheques when they couldn't with most other teams . . . . ie. Chris Randle, Kevin Fogg, Mo Leggat, Taylor Loffler, etc.
    Too loyal to fellow coaches - Richie Hall is perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in western canadian history - ever since Ken Leishman relieved Air Canada of a few bars of gold in 1964.