Bombers Lied About PIerce

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Here's the article from Paul 'The Weasel' Wiecek

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinio ... 16136.html

My own thoughts are - bombers were forced to lie cuz thats what they do. They thought if Brink & Pal Joey couldn't get the job done the only thing they could do is put Pierce at the precipice of a return. Now that Brink has shown his oats - they release the info that Buck won't be returning til September, if at all..... they were just trying to protect their box office, a consistent pattern of deception shown by bomber mgmt - look at how they handled the bochko deal on the new stadium - just wanted to gather up as much green as possible before the truth was beaten out of them. Doesn't matter anyways. Pierce is just gonna get hurt (on contact) again and Brink doesn't quite have the skillset to make bombers any more than a 8-10 squad (early hole dug mostly by Pierce & La Barney Fife)

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't even need to diss the bombers this week. You'll do it for the both us.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Coming off Montreal's latest debacle and having to play in the unfriendly confines of Canad Inns I suspect the Als will be 1.5 to 2.5 pt underdogs to Barney Fife's charges.

Bombers have to take advantage of having overall better quality defensive personnel than the Als - and obviously Timbo Burke dwarves Reinbold in terms of coaching skill.

Gotta give the offensive matchup to AC + Trestmensch.....

Plus, Als have a better o-line.....

Bombers have the better fleet of receivers but erratic quarter-backing and mediocre secondary reads.

I'll take Simpson over Whitaker even this early in Simpson's career but Whitaker can also make the bombers d look bad.

Whyte is a slightly better punter than Renaud, Palardy a slightly better FG kicker than Whyte.

Both teams have had some success on special teams. I love how former BOmber Ky Hebert almost decapitated Chad Owens after Owens thought he was going to the house!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Don't think the Bombers were lying. Just a case of the guy needing more time to recover. It's Pierce telling everyone that he'll be back sooner rather than later. Besides, if Brink stinks the joint out & Elliott can't get it done, wanna bet Pierce won't be back in late August? Trouble is, like you say... he'll just get hurt again anyway.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

we missed Bratton against the argos. dunno how long he's out. Bo Bowling was returning the ball. we need to clear the lane so he knock off some pinheads :p