Bombers lose Garrett

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Chris Garrett ruptures an Achilles tendon in practice. Done for the year.

For the moment it looks like Chad Simpson will move into the role but we'll see where it goes from here.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Paging Joffery Reynolds.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Happened the last few minutes of practice. Really, really bad news. A proven commodity combining balance, power and above average speed.

Plop was down a quart when he did his obligatory Irving interview and went matter-of-fact, saying he goes to the next man which in this case is BloMe Dorzon......Chad Simpson is nicked and prolly two or three games away (the bombers say one)

The canuck Woodson will probably see more reps as a result.

In terms of bringing some new firewood into camp here's my three nominees
    1. Reynolds - although I'm sure he'd be repulsed by Plop's nervous systems.
    2. Fred Reid - all healed up now, but has obviously lost a step. Nothing worse than a speed merchant who isn't a speed merchant anymore and was never good at breaking tackles.
    3. Charles Roberts - the Magic Man. Very little has been heard on Roberts - - - - but I'd be the first one hoping they inquire into his whereabout and football conditioning. What cheers would emerge at venerable Wpg Stadium - if Blink Roberts comes back to town!

After that, Joe Drowsy just starts looking at the CFL waiver wire and tries to pick up another team's cut to back up Dorzon. Here's a clue on Simpson's injury - if Simpson is deemed to be out for more than 2 games then they'll have to bring in another import RB. If they think he's good to go in a week then no such signings are necessary!

4. Rids

Rids Member

Word is that if they sign someone it'll be another young import back. Experience not necessary....

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

This season looks like it is going down the drain especially thanks to the team staring its first four games on the road...

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

The only good news about the bombers this year is that most people (other than the super-shills on swaggerville) are now writing the team off as a 7th or 8th place commodity.

Can't blame them - I thought (even with Garrett) the bombers were gonna suck down to anywhere from 4-14 to 7-11 with 6-12 taking smart money.

Now, its a real disgusting situation. Mediocre (to say the least) o-line no matter if you got Jim Brown running behind it. Huge question mark at middle linebacker, the inmates like Hefney and Johnson running the asylum, 4 very good but not outstanding QBs, Brown's ratio-busting retirement, no real canuck depth on interior o-line, poor to below average kicking/punting game, nice guy but ineffective head coach who usually is slow to adjust to new situations.

2012 = TRAININGCAMP-VILLE for the BIG BLUE!!! Buck Pierce will have lots of time to open his new BBQ restaurant in conjunction with Danny's Whole hog operation.

Injury to one of Wpg's top 3 players just gives them an excuse for a poor 2012 run.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

No attempts by Mack to sign any free agents will be their downfall. I feel the same way with the Stamps. We lost the Western Final so we aren't close to being a complete team. There were players out there that could have helped us. Not just Joe Lobendahn who is injured, surprise, surprise. Same in Winnipeg. Lost the Grey Cup so not a complete team at every position either.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm very sorry for Garrett. As tough as it was to lose the east to the bombers in 2011 I was glad he had such a productive day in the east final. Sports can be so tragic at times. I still wouldn't write off the peg yet.

9. Stampsfaninregina

Is Lobendahn really hurt? Or just stashed away.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

You can always stash Samoa Joe, cuz he's always a bit to fairly severely nicked. His playing style just accumulates more and more nicks as the season progresses!

11. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He has a neck injury from what I understand.

12. Christoph

Christoph Member

LOL it's not like anyone would question it given his injury history.