Bombers "New" Management/Coaching Team

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Lots of speculation in Wpg about the future of Plop & Drowsy Joe. Assuming the bomber board would be willing to eat the remainder of both men's 3 year contracts (Mack at around $350-$390k; Plop around $305 to $315k) thats a ton of money. Plus they'd probably want to dispose of guys like Crowton, Ross Hodgkinson, etc.

After some deep soul-searching here's my top 2 or 3 combinations

1. Matt Dunigan, GM - Tim Burke, interim head coach

2. Jim Barker, GM - Jacques Chapdelaine, head coach

3. Marcel Bellefeuille, GM - Chris Jones, head coach....

Under all 3 scenarios I would replace Hairspray Buchko with Doug Brown or Milt Stegall as CEO....Brown over Stegall due to superior IQ and having lived in Wpg for last 11 years.

I could also be convinced to go Barker/GM, Dunigan/Coach

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nate, LaPo will get canned. But GMs usually get two coaches before they are let go themselves. I expect a coaching change in the off season but not Joe Mack.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

You are probably right Al but only a second rate hack coach would want to come to Wpg (for the salary and the salary guarantee I'm sure) to work under Mad Max..... especially when they see what kind of feebles Mack has supplied him in the trenches, what kind of horrendous draft record the team has and the kind of cancers & fungus that lurk in the room (aka Beasley, Jovonzo Jovonson, Hefney).... that means a current assistant coach or a failed NCAA college assistant (like Lapolice was 12 years ago when he first came to Canada)
    I don't think top assistants like Khari Jones, Chris Jones, Rick Campbell or Jacques Chapdelaine would soil their careers working under Joe Mack.