Bombers sign Sandro DeAngelis

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

where there's slime there's Sandra

3. Jayman

Jayman Member

Had anyone seen that short kick before?
    Bomber radio was suggesting he brought it with him?
    I thought it was a rare BB highlite.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Even Lyle Bauer's bum-buddy, Bob 'Snitch' Irving was caught offguard by Sandro.

Count on the bombers to trot out their best trick play in the midst of a blow-out!!!

As Leo Cahill might opine = "Bombers have two crippled QBs and one healthy and they're still in doubt!"

BOMBER HELL: A place down there where Joe Mack and Gary Crowton are high=fivin' each other to a pulp.....Garth Buchko is waiting in line and Tim Burke is hoping his number called soon.

5. Rids

Rids Member

Just wait...Jason Boltus to the rescue.....

6. Jayman

Jayman Member

With the loot the BoD has p'd away, bomber fans better get used to "value based" decisions.
    It isn't the league cap that's a problem, its the credit limit their bank has them on. Remember they borrowed ten mil from their bank to upgrade the game day experience. Now, for this sad lot i'm not sure if they understand that for 99% of bomber fans we'd prefer our upgraded game day experience to be on the field.

7. Jayman

Jayman Member

And finally, a question to the brains on this site.
    Buck Pierce. I'd suggest the BIG Blue can't afford him any longer. Prob gone soon.
    What is the magical cut down day for salary issues?
    And, if he was hurt yesterday, can they cut him while he's injured?
    For Nate, think he feigned the injury, perhaps on his Agents advice, to increase or reconfigure his "cut" salary?
    Out of the current drek, i've got to find something to keep me interested.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

The SAD CIRCUSES aren't as much fun to mock as the old crazy cock circuses, are they Jay?

Lots of peeps pining for the days of Warlord Bauer and Emmett Kelly's clown circus. At least those sociopaths could carve out a handful of Ws to fend off the lemmings, shills and jock-sniffers.

I've come full circle though on Timbuk2 Burke and Crevis Creehan. Let them fill out this year's mandate - they are being well paid to absorb the verbal and emotional tarring and feathering bomber lemms are subjecting them to. Cut 'em loose about the same hour their season ends and start a 4 to 8 year re-build.

As for money, so long as Grotesque Greg remains premier the bombers will have access to his cash box. Who cares whether a few medical clinics remain closed?

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

I opined on riderfans already that Buck was obviously reckless and doing whatever it takes to obtain an injury. Anything that would keep him rostered beyond the Labour Day veterans day. As per his nature he may have failed in this pursuit and remains open to cuttage!

10. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

And he's done with the Bombers.

11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

He has never since reached the heights he had attained by 2009 with the Stampeders...and it's likely now that he never will.

His talent was almost limitless, but his hubris knew no bounds...

TM

12. K_O_cowtown

K_O_cowtown StampsFans' Luchador & Moderator
    Staff Member

Time to move along a get a "real" job.

13. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Looks like he was replaced by Mustangs place kicker .....

#Bombers have agreed to terms with Western placekicker Lirim Hajrullahu. @Lirim_H
    ....according to twitter

14. oilpatchhilbily

What gives you guys......I thought he did a good job back in 09 like Tundra said and hadn't heard anything negative about the guy - was there an issue on how much room his head took up in the locker room maybe...

On a completely unrelated topic....any of you computer gurus happen to know what button (or combination) on the key board turns punctuation to French modeÉ....donèt know how the hell I do it, but it drives me nuts!

Thick fingers hit more than they should and I end up with question marks, apostrophe, quotations looking like this É - è - È ....... Ièll take all the ribbing you can dish out on the slight chance somebody knows how to fix the damn thing!

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  15. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Try ALT+LEFT SHIFT.

To fix it permanently you need to remove the French keyboard option in: Start/Control Panel/Region and Language/Keyboards and Languages/Change Keyboards

16. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Quelle probleme! Je n'ai jamais rien vu du pareille! :D

Actually I have.

The one sure-fire fix I've been able to rely upon is shutting down the system entirely and then re-opening it.

Once the system has powered up again, I believe the default system kicks in and "Presto! Voila! Aucune langue francais clavier"! :D

TM

oilpatchhilbily likes this.
  17. Flash

Flash Member

Winnipeg has had a ton of kicking issues. Waiting for the Reddies to sign a kicker. Brody McKnight perhaps?

18. oilpatchhilbily

Tundra - shutting it down worked for me as well, but still a pain (was able to figure out about half the French you wrote - that's not bad). Madman - nice instructions, found and changed the first time!

Was a little disappointed the language options didn't include Alberta Hillbilly...at least now I can go back to just fighting with the red line spell check guy.

Thanks!!

19. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Problems?

Well there was a locker room dust up during his final year in Calgary with his once good buddy Burke Dales which, despite later assurances from all concerned that all was forgiven, I don't think was ever fully patched up. And, I think there was a general sense in the locker room that 'hot dog' that he was, he considered himself even bigger than the game, and certainly bigger than the team around him. From what I know of the situation, as time wore on, he wasn't a popular guy in Calgary's locker room.

I don't think matters were helped by a prank played on DeAngelis by Chevrier and Dales during media interviews a few days before the 2008 Grey Cup. Sandro had a "thing" for TSN's Sara Orlesky, and was apparently dry-mouthed, nervous and tongue-tied in her presence, and his team-mates knew it. With Sandro in awe and entirely focused on his interview with her while standing inside the chilly and cavernous Olympic Stadium, Chevrier and Dales snuck up behind him and deftly pulled down his sweat pants all the way to his ankles. Unfortunately for Sandro, everything else went with the sweat pants, too.

With the chill air in the Big O, Sandro's big heartthrob, Sara, was left to involuntarily stare (as Dales put it) "at the short stack of dimes" ;) which had quickly formed where Sandro's underwear should have been. Sandro lamely pulled his sweat pants back up and gamely attempted to finish his interview with Sara.

But it was never gonna be the same...and I don't think he ever did another interview with her. :D

When he left in free agency in early 2010, he signed (as expected) with Hamilton, which was close to his family home in the Niagara region. But rather than be truthful and say that he left for the money (as well as to play closer to home), DeAngelis instead said his primary reason for leaving Calgary was to play for a team in Hamilton which he thought gave him "a better shot at the Cup". This (having left a perennial contender in the Stampeders only a season removed from their 2008 Grey Cup championship), quite understandably did not sit well with the Stampeders, or with a lot of their fans.

Sandro wore out his welcome quickly enough with Hamilton (despite the 'hometown' connection), and wound up in Montreal a scant season later where he was mostly kept around as an 'insurance' policy should White not pan out.

And I can tell you from an insider source who was with the Alouettes at the time, that Sandro was not well regarded in their locker room, either.

From there, of course, his nomadic travels took him first to Regina, then eastward again, to Winnipeg, and now....?

It's beginning to look like DeAngelis may have played his final down of CFL football.

But who knows?

Maybe the RedBlacks will call.

He hasn't worn out his welcome there.

Yet. ;)

TM

20. oilpatchhilbily

Hahaha....that may be the funniest post I've seen on here Tundra, well written! In fact, I read it twice. I don't think I'll ever get that story out of my head whenever his name is mentioned now.

Tundra Mustang likes this.