Bombers vs. Als

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

The injury news just keeps oozing out of bomberland as our only canuck RB, Nathan Riva turkeyed his hamstring and won't play for several weeks (I always add numbers to the bombers early estimates and am usually 95% correct!)

Also, Sir Andre Douglass (OT) has been shelved for the year. Will Forde will dress as the backup RB (he's an import so Terreell Parker our backup import OLB will sit)

Also, our best DT, Bryant Turner was allowed to return home for a death in his family. Bombers treat their players (best ones anyways) like Gods and give them a ton of time off. Perhaps another reason this team hasn't won much the last 22 years. Collier and Kenny Mainor will come off the 8 game list to gapfill.....

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Well, a death in the family is something serious. So, compassionate leave is understandable. I wonder if Jim Spavital would have given his players time off for a death? Would they even ask??? Of course, you & I are showing our age... Spav could be an SOB from what I understand. Most fans will go Jim Who??

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Death in family is a terrible thing. However, its obvious Bryant Turner wasn't the primary care-giver and his business is football. When you sign up for football (CFL or NFL) you have 18 (or 16) reg. season games of hatred, hard-hitting & staying injury free. To give an 18 game man a FREE PASS to travel south and attend to matters (other than the funeral) is basically like giving up on your team. The Bombers under Plop 'n Mac are running things like a country club - lots of time off, short practices, no=practice for 3 or 4 days after games, etc. No wonder they've got tons of injuries and have to juggle an already depleted roster. When your best defensive lineman can tell you what to do instead of the reverse you have the root of the problem.

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Finally, the brawl on the 'boine. Round 2. Porky plop vs. The 'man' Trest. AB vs. AC, AC vs. AB, abacab isn't anywhere as phil collins would sing.

the coveted 3rd place on the line. can't wait.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

According to custom Trestmensch don't eat Pork....

However, there's a huge mis-match at head coach between the taciturn Man-Trest and the nail-biting Plop!

Manitoba has the advantage in defensive coaching with ex-Als property Timbo Burke making Reinbold look very, very small.

With a re-furbished d-line, AC might be in his glory, if the bomber rush can't put some extra heat on the Tex-Mex - guys like SJ & Jammer will be open all night long and AC will find them.

Could be a high-scoring affair, as if the defenses didn't exist. My uneducated guess is that Marcellus Bowman will somehow factor into this game (the bomber LB who's been languishing on the injured list) but Trestman & AC's superior skills to Plop & Brink will signal the bombers demise.

Bombers were slightly over 1,000 seats short of a 10th consecutive sellout as of close of business yesterday. Thats a ton of tickets to sell in one day - they might fall short by a few hundred ducats - STILL A GREAT RUN by a spottily run team.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

It does pretty much all come down to AC in this one but looking back at the past 3 games he played in windypeg he can't seem to get into blowout mode. I expect another nail biting finish as only these two teams can muster.

7. Flash

Flash Member

I'm calling for Brink to have a breakout game with close to 300 yards, Calvillo throws for 350 and Rids runs out of popcorn by the 3Q.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

i'll be watching at a resto-bar. there's always popcorn available there.

i'll be happy if the als score more than 20 and give up less than 30. a win would be a bonus.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Big thunder-boomers going in Wpg right now, along with threat of lightning..... so game could be delayed.....

Als arrived approx. 12.5 hours later than they wanted as their flight out of Montreal was cancelled yesterday. They got into Wpg about 9:30 last night so it might affect their early game muscles a bit.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

AC & Trest sure dissected Timbo Burke's prevent D in the first quarter - looked like men vs. boys.... yikes!

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bomber D looks like a TV all-star team

Comprised of superstars like
    Al Bundy, Gary Coleman, Meathead, Bullinski & Monkey #2.

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

Plop says "Who's playing middle linebacker, The King of Kensington?"

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

Tonite's game sponsored by 'Men vs. Boys'

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Nasty Nate just yelled out

"Send out the coward team!!!"

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

SJ Perelman just found some of Charles Roberts old hands....

16. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Boys are starting to adjust - only took 20 minutes of play. So much for Meathead's original gameplan....put it in the f'n shredder Plop - and tell Mrs. Plop to not like me on facebook....

17. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bombers getting waffled. Thankfully, nobody is watching out their in stampville tonite

18. Rusty

Rusty Member

I am watching. Brutal. They ave a RB but no QB. First first down of the 3rd quarter and they are marching. Time for a Brink turnover. Where s Elliot? He should have started the 2nd half IMO.

19. Rusty

Rusty Member

That's better. Slow starts again for the Blue. Time to come back? It is the CFL.

20. Rusty

Rusty Member

How was that not a head shot call? Brutal missed call.