GAME DAY Bombers vs Stampeders

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Late Sunday afternoon at McMahon. Should be 25,000+ in the facility - perhaps bordering on 30,000. Bombers aren't a natural rival for the powerhouse Stampeders and don't really feature any superstar players beyond A Harris & Willy Jefferson. Mostly mopes, hobos, retreads and tryers.

Supreme advantage for Stamps at QB, defensive systems, head coach and possibly kicking if Medlock goes out of sorts due to cold.

Lets face it - despite his natural paranoia and somewhat outlandish on-field persona, Dave Dickenson is a a vastly superior head coach to the very much messed up in the head Mike O'Shea.

Huge advantage is a fairly precise pocket passer Mitchell vs. a terrible umbrella like prevent success defense from Richie Hall.

That said, overall talent is pretty close. Man for man the Bombers might have the edge other than the obvious (QB & secondary) but when you factor in Bomber's inferior coaching and distasteful arrogance it should be a

Calgary 23
    Bombers 19 FINAL

Lots of fun plays and a couple of unexpected turnovers will cement the outcome.

Tags:
  2. Barry Plashka

Barry Plashka Member

3. Barry Plashka

Barry Plashka Member

IMO. You’re showing a whole lot more confidence in the Stamps prevailing, than tomorrows matchup looks to be.
    Simply, there’s too many unknown factors at this point in time.
    IE. Is Greenwood capable of playing the whole game & will he be effective at containing Harris?
    How about Kamar Jordan? Can he step in & replace Eric Rogers, after missing the last 15 months to injury?
    What about Cordarro Law? Is he even going to play at all & if so, will he be effective?
    What about a Roberson & Metchie, as both are coming off injuries as well?

#3 Barry Plashka, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  4. Jayman

Jayman Member

When the sked first came out I wondered about my Bombers getting the last week as a "bi", now I'm hoping it works out. Roster looks pretty fresh other than our long snapper still out, and Streveler's issues(s).
    Lousy weather could help The Big Blue, this will be a good one.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Outcome might be determined by Cokie (O'Shea) decisions. What happens after Collaros is crushed a couple times on sacks or tackles (not even dirty ones, hard ones on cement type turf)? Will they even bother dressing Streveler if he's got a supposed break to a bone in his foot? Or is O'Shea playing a fake injury game with Dave Dick so the Stamps put in a narrow containment d for Collaros but then Streveler comes in at the deadline?

Yes, Stamps are hobbled in more than a couple areas but their strength under Huff's management has always been depth and next guy up being more than ready for battle. Many Bomber fans accepting the outcome of Richie Hall telling his d-backs to not even both covering Stamp WRs - in a final act of defiance!

6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Historically cold weather and the Calgary Stampeders is not a good combination. I remember the last time they played when the temperature was well below -10 against the Riders in 2013 and they could not handle the adverse weather conditions.
    I'm little worried how all the injured players will perform.
    Otherwise BLM and the offense must perform better than they did last week in BC.
    GO STAMPS GO !!!

Tundra Mustang and strujas like this.
  7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Neither Winnipeg nor Calgary are typical cold-weather teams. Thus far, Stamps are just a bit better and I suspect this will hold for rest of game. Already, so called all-star vermin like Andrew Harris not receptive to receiving passes from Z Collaros. Another all-star monster like Willy Jefferson suddenly got Chris Walby speed when Begelton treated him like a 7 foot pylon on his way to the endzone.