Bombers win 107th Grey Cup in Calgary

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Beat the favored Hamilton Tiger Cats, 33-12

The Bombers were like a whole team of Kawhi Leonards.

WOW!

Never thought I'd see this one!

Especially coming out of the Western 3-hole and knocking out Calgary, Saskatchewan & Hamilton 3 weeks in a row to take the duke!

Not a great fan of Richie Hall - but anyone with a pulse had to be most happy for him as he turned into a ball of tears in the post-game

After Hall, feel best for:

1. Zach Collaros
    2. Willy J
    3. Hungry Harris
    4. Demski
    5. Medlock
    6. Hopalong Streveler

On nearly the 50th anniversary of the death of famed bomber legend Ernie Pitts, the Bombers finally won the big one - guided by Ernie's ghost #77

Tags:
    Madman and Tundra Mustang like this.
  2. AllSportsCalgary

Grats Bronk, and to the rest of the Bomber fans, if there are any lurking!

I never would have predicted that final score - but Winnipeg clearly wanted it more, was the best team today, and deserved every win on the way in. I also never would have predicted that the catalyst for the Bombers climbing out of their season end doldrums would be Zac Collaros.

I suspect that in Winnipeg tomorrow, the morning traffic will be light, and the telephone lines will be jammed with people calling to not make it into work.

As always, I am already very interested in see how the next season plays out.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  3. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Big win by the Bombers. It was actually great to watch a CFL Grey Cup game without worrying about the elements and poor playing surface. For all the long suffering Bomber fans tonight is your night to celebrate.
    Most prognosticators and media pundits were picking the TI-Cats (rightfully so due to their record) to win it. I on other hand throughout the week told fellow coworkers to put their money on the Bombers just for the fact for Hamilton McMahon Stadium is their "house of horrors". For some inexplicable reason, no matter how good or bad they are the Ticats have failed to win at McMahon close to two decades. Besides, I personally thought how the Bombers eviscerated the Stamps a few weeks ago just gave them the ultimate confidence and belief to get it done. Not to mention the "doink" heard around Saskatchewan. Today they were better team from start to finish and deserved to win. Starting next season they are the team with the bullseye on their back and I am looking forward to seeing if they can get back to Regina in the 108th Grey Cup.

To everyone here who posts on this site have a great offseason. enjoy the upcoming holidays, be safe and healthy, and looking forward to another CFL offseason full of intrigue and speculation.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  4. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Beautiful Game (as Doug Brown calls it) saw a motivated + Grey Cup starved Bomber squad do whatever it took to take the duke.

1. Fairly solid team discipline - Streveler swearing at Dylan Wynn for trying to bite his ankle was a travesty but it will be called 7 out of 10 times; especially on a team that's leading an important game.

2. Solid defense by bombers including spectacular performances by almost all of bomber d-line. #4 Bighill muffed a couple easy tackles in the Cats backfield but that's par for the course as Bighill is no longer a superior force in the CFL.

3. No real drops by bomber WRs, some great catches to boot by Wally Tarski, Harris, even the thing in the Hammy endzone would have been a TD other than bombers were the leading team going into a very sketchy review.

4. Hungry Harris was superb. Plain. Simple.

5. The Collaros/Streveler duo was lethal to Ticat hopes.

6. Man Mountain Mike (O'Shea) coached perhaps his best game as a Winnipeg coach

7. PLOP (LaPolice) was superb calling the shots from the spotters booth.

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Feel better now, Bronks? ;)

TM

Bronko likes this.
  6. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Especially for you bronko

7EBC16D0-20A3-4D3B-833E-D568C2F7B335.jpeg