Bronks Bombers watch

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by deuvl, Jul 4, 2014.

1. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

After doubling the number of home wins from last year, Bronko's favorite team deserves a thread of its own to follow for the season in hopes that this bait lures back the nickname master.

Coincidentally it was 7 years ago today I made my first venture into the city of winnipeg. Still haven't been able to wash it off.

Tags:
  2. Jayman

Jayman Member

First, the doubled home wins; thank FIFA soccer. Apparently the Bored has used its significant international contacts to obtain a, wait for it, case of the magic spray used by FIFA soccer medics to return writhing players to full tilt in a brief moment (of team needed rest).
    Wad has been seen spraying it about like a skunk in heat. It's working. Unfortunately Kory Banks took it too far and appears to have ingested it. Now he's really fixed.
    Bronko? Last i heard he was out campaigning for "The Katz for Premier" team.
    Finally, living in a completely toxic hydro-carbon environment, I'd suggest WD50, followed by a dip in a sludge pond.

deuvl likes this.
  3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Where is Bronko lately? I haven't seen him post in looong time.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Still around. Had a good couple weeks watching Genie play tennis until she ran into that Czech giantess yesterday. Poor Genie, didn't know what hit her!!!

deuvl likes this.
  5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

you could see the look in her eyes as she received her trophy: 'AH'll be Bahck'

Als are back on a normal football practice field after having to train on a soccer field with no football hashmarks of any kind the last 2 weeks. Might have factored in the calgary loss.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh those pesky bombers. What will bronko have left to rant about when they can't even lose a game.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

They refuse to lose, thats all!
    Should meeet a mini-Waterloo vs. Reilly and the Esks. 30,000+ crazy foamers will keep it close!

deuvl likes this.
  8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

More like a mega-Waterloo. Not even 30,000 could make a difference.

Now edm-win matched their combined win total of 2013

9. Rids

Rids Member

O'Shea sure isn't Napoleon though. Peg vs BC will be a slugfest.

10. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

A one-sided one it seems.

Bombers have overcome Bronko's downward spiral prediction. Maybe it's time to heed one riderfan's suggestion for bronko to 'go away. please go away' lol

11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

In truth, on this site we don't want any of you going away at all!

Not even Bronks! :p

TM

deuvl likes this.
  12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Next week in hammy might be a bit more of a challenge. Looks like the cats have finally found a QB

13. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

But don't forget that the 'cats were playin' the RedBlacks, deuv. ;)

The only franchise in the CFL that looks like it thought it could field a team without playin' anyone on defence....:p

TM

14. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

First place in the east is worse than last place in the west. What a joke

15. oilpatchhilbily

Could your statement be another check mark in the "plus column" for a 1 division league Deuvl??? The East-West aspect of the game will never end, but I think there is a point to be made in a weaker division getting a "bye" into the finals for geographic reasons, rather than earning it...(way to early to use this year as an example, but it has happened before). Just a thought.

16. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Duane Ford on TSN's telecast of the Argos-'riders game last night was promoting the proposal that the CFL go to a "single-league-6-best-teams-in-the-playoffs" format, and dispense with a geographic alignment entirely.

I'm not sure his bosses at the network would agree with him.

Personally, I'm torn.

I certainly understand the desire to have only the best teams compete for all the hardware at the end of the season, and right now you'd be hard pressed to find a suitable candidate in the East for even that sixth spot.

On the other hand, marketing this league in the East is already tough enough without adding to the difficulty of that task by excluding virtually all of the franchises located there from the prospect of post-season play?

Just think of what a Calgary-Vancouver Grey Cup would do to TSN's ratings in Toronto...

TM

17. Jayman

Jayman Member

The Big Blue remain one hurt QB away from a return to mediocrity. I do like this Etch D, wondering if someone here could elaborate for me on what it appears to be?

18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

long as it's not swaggerville.

19. oilpatchhilbily

Not sure about Ford (it was the first time I heard him mention it), but Schultzy has been a pretty strong advocate over the last few years....I think you bring up the only point that will matter in the end: $$$$ If they see a possibility of that dropping as a result...it'll probably never see the light of day. I'm still leaning toward the one division, but to be honest, not sure if I'd feel as strongly if the E-W roles were reversed...

20. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Winnipeg now with as many wins as all eastern teams combined. Bronko might still complain about that one loss though. Keeps the west tight.