Calgary Colts

Discussion in 'More Sports' started by iso_55, Oct 15, 2012.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Were upset 24-21 yesterday by Regina. Great year for the guys only to fall short. Real tough loss to Regina.
    Now it's (yawn, boring) Saskatoon vs Regina. Like who cares??? Maybe it's time for the AB teams to consider playing in the BC Junior League? Every year it's the same thing... Freaking Saskatoon...

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

It was the first loss on Canadian soil for Jimmy Ralph. Never lost in high school or in junior until then.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Yeah, but...

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I was serious about the AB teams joining the BC League. Let Saskatoon & Regina find someone else to play. Winnipeg is bad & always is so no loss if the Rifles folded. The Rifles BOD refuse to clean house & gut that coaching staff so the litany of losing will just continue for them every year while the best Winnipeg playrs like Andrew Harris go play in BC. Or have a Super Western Junior Football League with the BC League merging with the PFC, I dunno... just a thought. Any team that finds the travelling too much can just drop out. But we might as well give the PFC Crown to Saskatoon every year before the season starts. It's become a joke.

5. Rids

Rids Member

Outside of Okanagan Sun (who just fired their coach before the playoffs - seems like they've done this before) I doubt that any of the BC league would vote in favor of that.

6. Rids

Rids Member

4 seasons with Raymond without a loss in Canada is a pretty eye popping stat.

And I'm an anti-Comet guy generally speaking, but I'll give Jimmy and crew a lot of respect for that run they had.

I think if you took Notre Dame and swapped them they'd go undefeated for years too. The grind of playing actual 4A schools week after week would catch up to them. Basically Raymond plays 5 games at the 4A level if they go to the provincial final (2 vs LCI, 3 rounds of provincials). Any Calgary school would play at least 11 games against 4A competition (7 regular season games, 2 or 3 playoff games, 2 provincials rounds - Calgary City Final counts as a quarter final game for provincials)

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Look, the way I see it there are certain players with last names or players with certain teams from certain towns that get preferential treatment over other deserving players FROM OUR OWN FREAKING CITY. That's all I am going to say.

8. Rids

Rids Member

Jimmy Ralph is off for the NCAA.