GAME DAY Calgary Stampeders at Saskatchewan Roughriders - October 3, 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 3, 2014.

?

Who will win the Calgary vs Flatlanders game?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2014.
  1. Calgary Stampeders

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Saskatchewan Roughriders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders (11-2) vs Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-4)
    Friday October 3, 2014

Mosaic Stadium, Regina
    8:00pm MDT
    GET TICKETS

Television: TSN, ESPN2
    Radio: News Talk 770, SiriusXM 167

Depth Chart and Roster
    Game Notes

Depth Chart
    [​IMG]

Game Preview

The Stampeders travel into hostile territory this week as they visit Mosaic Stadium to take on the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Calgary (11-2, first place in the West) won an important divisional game against the BC Lions last week by a 14-7 score.

The Riders (9-4) lost an ugly one in Edmonton last week, 24-0, and dropped into third place in the West. The two teams have yet to meet this season and this is the latest in the schedule for a first meeting between Calgary and Saskatchewan since 1995.

Calgary is 5-5 in its past 10 games at Mosaic but is currently on a two-game losing streak after posting four straight wins from 2010 to 2012. The Stamps lost 36-21 in Week 2 last season in their only visit to Regina in 2013.

The Stampeders are 4-1 against the West this season and a league best 5-1 on the road while the Riders are an impressive 5-1 at home and 4-2 against teams from the West.
    http://www.stampeders.com/article/cgy-ssk-preview-141003

2. Liske

Liske Member

Half Time: It's 9-0 Calgary.

Pathetic, Drew Tate can't move the ball. He's not doing much better than Doege. He throws into coverage or throws to the wrong person.

Tate needs to learn to drop back deeper so he isn't passing from within a crowd or from just behind his linemen.

Once again, Cornish seems to be our only weapon.

#2 Liske, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. Jayman

Jayman Member

If Sask goes two games without scoring a point would all the green trolls please crawl back under the bridge?

4. Liske

Liske Member

Another suicide pass from Tate gets Charbboneau-Campeau laid out.

5. Rids

Rids Member

Crazy second half. Really mostly a a crazy past 10 football minutes.

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, just wow.

The defence looked like it totally fell asleep there.

Tate was good on the last drive, and he can be very thankful that the Rider trainers can't count to 3.

And what was with that run where he decided to take it out wide right? Cornish almost lost his mind.

7. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

Can we please have a game where we don't go Jekyll and Hyde with the offence and defence, don't have suicide passes and easy catches dropped, fumbles at the worst times, drive killing or extending penalties, and especially no injuries!
    If this team puts together a 4 quarter performance, no one can touch them!
    Missed the start of the game and I was excited for Fuller to be back; I think him and Price could be a deadly combo, but I heard he was injured early in the game again.
    What type of injury did he sustain this time?

8. Rids

Rids Member

Cornish and Tate have had some issues on plays inside the 5 before.

9. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

It appears to be a serious knee injury; he appeared to be using crutches on the side lines. :(

10. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Whatever "medication" this team is on, it needs to be changed. Too many players appear to fall asleep at various points in the game. :(

11. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Whew!
    This team has a long way to go.
    The 12-2 record masks plenty of warts.
    In the playoffs with one game elimination I'm not confident that this team will win.
    There are many reason: too many penalties, turnovers at the worst time, the special teams is very sub par, too inconsistent on D, and too many injuries.
    I'd take the fact they found a way with the win and pretty much clinched a playoff spot.

12. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

I concur! You also neglected to mention an offence that can be very offensive.

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

If Huf doesn't get this team to the grey cup I see DD taking over HC duties next year.

14. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Again this team will have the best record in the regular season, but will it translate into another playoff failure or Grey Cup victory?

15. Charles Beckman

12-2, baby!!!...Riders go down!....We will win the Cup this season (I hope)! Is Bo coming back?

16. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

First place all but assured with one win and a rider loss which we hope to hand on thanksgiving at mcGill.

The next game in winnipeg still matters then there's 2 home games against ssk and the peg. Gotta wonder how much those two teams will want to knock BLM and Cornish out for the season. The final game in BC needs to not be a repeat of last year's season ending injury fest on the shore.

Clinching early has its good and its bad. Selling tickets for the game is one of the good

#16 deuvl, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  17. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

You just know that the Riders are going to try to knock Cornish out of the box. Just like we should to DD if he plays, Dressler, Getzlaff and Bagg. I'm not advocating cheap shots with intent to injure, just hard nosed football.