GAME DAY Calgary Stampeders at Toronto Argonauts - October 17, 2015

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Who will win today in Hamilton?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2015.
  1. Calgary Stampeders

75.0%
  2. Toronto Argonauts

25.0%
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

cgy.png
    Calgary Stampeders (11-4)

tor.png
    Toronto Argonauts (9-5)

Saturday October 17, 2015
    Tim Hortons Field, Hamilton
    2:00pm MDT

Television: TSN, ESPN3
    Radio: News Talk 770, SiriusXM

[​IMG] GET TICKETS
    [​IMG] Position Chart & Roster
    [​IMG] Game Notes

Stampeders Depth Chart

Wk17DepthChart.png

Argonauts Depth Chart

Wk17Opponent.png

Preview: Calgary at Toronto wk.17

A beast of the East meets one of the best in the West as two teams vying for top spots in their respective divisions do battle at Tim Horton's Field on Saturday.
    Wk17Preview.png

3 Things
    Here are 3 Things you need to know for Saturday's game against the Argos.
    3Things.png

Game Preview

The Calgary Stampeders head back out on the road to take on the Toronto Argonauts in a key game for both divisional playoff races.

The Stamps (11-4) lost a close one to the Eskimos last week by a 15-11 score. The Argos (9-5) own the second-longest current winning streak in the CFL at three games after winning back-to-back games in Week 16 — 38-35 over Ottawa and 25-17 in Montreal.

This will be a rather interesting road game for Calgary in that the game will take place in Hamilton rather than Toronto as the Argos have relocated due to the Blue Jays’ playoff run.

Calgary beat the Argos 25-20 back in Week 3 and is currently on a two-game winning streak on the road against Toronto after a 35-14 win in 2013 and a 34-15 victory last season.

The Stamps are 4-3 on the road this season and 5-2 against Eastern teams while the Argos are 4-1 at home and 5-2 against teams from the West.
    http://www.stampeders.com/article/cgy-tor-preview-151016

Preview: Offensive stars collide as Stamps meet Argos
    The Rogers Centre may not be available now to the Argos, but it will be in November. Whether they're there or not, they understand, is completely up to them.

There are four weeks left in the regular season and the Boatmen can finish anywhere from first to last, which is why this team isn’t fretting over recent schedule conflicts that have resulted in playing some home games away from their familiar domed confines.

On Saturday afternoon they’ll play a home game at Hamilton’s Tim Hortons Field, a matchup against the defending Grey Cup Champion Calgary Stampeders – the only thing fourth-year head coach Scott Milanovich is concerned with right now.

“I honestly think it’s gotten to the point with the players where they don’t care anymore,” Milanovich, asked about the third Argos home game not being played at the Rogers Centre this season, told Argonauts.ca. “Bring it. Whatever it is, however bad the circumstances are – we’re going to go and we’re going to find a way to win.

“This is the hand we’re dealt and we’re going to play to win,” he added. “That seems like the attitude, that’s the vibe I’m getting from the guys.”

The players say Milanovich won't allow complaints or excuses from anyone, instead it’s been an all-business approach for a young Argo club made up of many first-year contributors on both sides of the football.

So far it’s been no issue for the Argos, who are 2-0 in home games not played at the Rogers Centre after overcoming challenges far more difficult than the one they face this weekend. After all, the Stampeders are still the ones who have to travel. And unlike in Fort McMurray vs. the Eskimos or Ottawa vs. the REDBLACKS, the Argos won’t likely be facing a hostile crowd in this pivotal Week 17 clash.
    http://cfl.ca/article/preview-offensive-stars-collide-as-stamps-meet-argos

2. strujas

strujas Member

Who picked Toronto to win?

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

If you click on the number of votes, it might tell you. :cool:

strujas likes this.
  4. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I did.
    I just think there are just too many injuries on the roster especially to the Oline and the defensive backfield in order to pull this game out against a very good football team in TO. Beside the Stamps aren't dominating other teams like they have been in the past. I hope I 'm wrong with my pick and the team can squeeze out a win.

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Walter is not gettin' it done in Calgary's backfield in the first quarter.

Hope Messam's ready to go next game if Corndog isn't back by then...

TM

6. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Kim and the boys in stripes at it again, eh? :rolleyes:

Not an illegal offensive interference call at all on McDaniel!

Cost the Stampeders a first down and even with Rogers' catch on second down, with the penalty tacked on after Kim's Krew's phoney call, it was too much.

The level of officiating in this league this year is disgustingly amateurish! :mad:

TM

redwhite2005 likes this.
  7. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

I sure hope the Stampeders aren't running out of steam.

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Up 17-0 at the half, and looking (so far) like they've put their disappointing effort against the Eskimos a week ago, behind them.

Keep it up, boys!

30 more to go...

TM

9. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Reason # 1 the Stamps keep other teams in the game is their special teams. #%### worst in the league outside of Parades. Continues to worry and frustrate me.

10. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, TSN, "Gurley with a catch you'll see on Sportscentre tonight!"

A catch (whatever the "Command Centre in Toronto" thinks) he STILL hasn't made...;)

TM

11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Despite the "short shrift" the TSN halftime panel gave the Stampeders' defence for its performance over the first 30 minutes, it looks like the Calgary D would likely have pitched a shutout against the Argos if it had not been for Anthony ("fumbles 'n bumbles") Parker's ill-advised special teams charge on the football in the third quarter.

Good job by the Stamps defence.

TM

12. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

And Eric Rogers misses an absolute wide open catch! :jawdrop:

Good performance by Tory Harrison shows us this team can still run the ball, it'll be very interesting to see how Messam fairs. As pointed out during the game when they showed him, he's an excellent Tight End of sorts too as he can catch the ball, so we might see a play call with both the Canucks in there. :woot:

13. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Stamps D had another solid game. A better game plan on offense, Oline played exceptionally well.
    As for TSN, it is obvious and clear that that the team in R&W garners little admiration from the panel. Good win heading into their bye week. I honestly thought the game was going to close.

14. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

15. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

You are right not sure what his problem is if it is the oline not making holes for him he has done much better before. The answer will be the next game if Messam has the same problem then we know the answer.

16. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Those guys in TO must have one blind eye the ball its the ground.

17. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Parker yet again. The kid has flashes of brilliance but these issues he really needs to fix. Replace him with Durant a couple of games make him earn his way back on the team.

18. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Tory had a great game he is a plus when on the field. Rogers miss was comical at best that one I am sure he would want back.

19. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Joe West anyone feel the same way I do? He is not the impact player that is expected of him. Still a waste of a position out there. Sorry I try everygame he plays in to think he is going to make an impact and just get disappointed by games end.

20. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I wonder the same how DD will implement Messam in the offensive scheme. I just hope they find a way of keeping Harrison on the roster.