Calgary Stampeders Battle For Roster Spots

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Calgary Stampeders battle for roster spots
    Scott Mitchell, Calgarysun.com

There's no quarterback battle.

There's hardly a battle in the backfield.

But elsewhere, the Calgary Stampeders roster is littered with competition for jobs heading into Thursday's final exhibition game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders (Mosaic Stadium, 8 p.m., QR770).

"There's a lot that's close, as far as the positions," Stamps GM/head coach John Hufnagel said Wednesday. "I don't want to name them right now. I want the players to be totally relaxed and just going out there and doing their best and let decision day come."

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/19/calgary-stampeders-battle-for-roster-spots

2. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I ma very interest to see who steps up to grab Romby's old job and who is going to replace Forzani until August or later. Plante may be the guy to replace Forzani love that guys speed and hands. Great concentration for a guy fresh out of college. Parker needs to do more. For Rombys spot I think that is still to be determined.

3. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

With Morin-Plante he might be the most solid WR to fill the vacant position created by Forzani's injury.
    I like the way he just shows up and make plays.

So far through training camp it seems that the Canadian content (players) is out shining the American content. Across the board I cannot remember a Stamps roster with so much Canadian talent. Maybe the best rookie on this team right now is Jones. While it is too early to predict or measure, I think this past draft maybe Calgary's best one since Hufnagel came here.