Calgary Stampeders Linebacking Corps Returns

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Juwan Simpson.jpg

Calgary Stampeders linebacking corps returns
    Scott Fisher, Calgarysun.com

It was the best of days.

It was the worst of days.

The sting of last November's Grey Cup loss didn't last too long for Juwan Simpson.

His wife gave birth to the couple's first daughter that day.

But it took awhile for the Calgary Stampeders middle linebacker to recover from an ankle injury that forced him to miss the CFL's West Division final victory over the Lions in B.C.

He returned to make three tackles in the Grey Cup loss to the Toronto Argonauts in the title tilt.

"I realized in this game, you're not always going to be healthy," Simpson said. "I wasn't 100%, but I felt I was able to play. It was the Grey Cup, so you have to lay it all out on the field.

"We had played good football up until that point. We just have to focus on finishing. We were one game shy. You can't be disappointed.

"We just have to understand where we went to and where we want to go now and use that as motivation -- not just in games but also (in two-a-days) when you have to grind through."

Simpson, entering his sixth season with the Red & White, is recovered, refreshed and ready to roll.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/07/calgary-stampeders-position-by-position-breakdown-linebackers