Calgary Stampeders lineman Federkeil's comeback nearly complete

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

hi-dan-federkeil-cp04522540-6col.jpg

Calgary Stampeders lineman Federkeil's comeback nearly complete
    Scott Mitchell, Calgarysun.com

If you see a giant man with an ear-to-ear grin, don’t worry, it’s probably just Dan Federkeil.

The fact Federkeil is back on a football field is one thing.

The fact he’s essentially locked down the Calgary Stampeders starting right tackle spot after three-and-a-half years away from the game is something completely different.

It’s a testament to just how athletic the blocking behemoth is.

And it’s only going to get better, he says.

“I’d have to say from where I was (at the start of training camp) to kind of where I think I can still be ... probably 80%,” the 6-foot-6, 297-lb. Medicine Hat product said Friday, following his first game action since late 2009, when concussion issues ended his NFL career with the Indianapolis Colts.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/21/calgary-stampeders-lineman-federkeils-comeback-nearly-comoplete

2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I just hope that his concussion issues don't come back as he is a ratio changer for us. And the fact Edwin Harrison seems to be on the IR more than he plays means Federkill is a very valuable member of the team.

3. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Definitely a ratio changer. With four Canadians starting on the offensive line really gives the Stamps great flexibility in the lineup.