Calgary Stampeders News Roundup for August 17, 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

May 1, 2012
    Calgary Stampeders News Roundup for August 17, 2014

Game In 90 Seconds

Game Stats

Game 7 - Cgy at Ham - Aug. 16, 2014

Recap: Calgary 30, Hamilton 20

The Calgary Stampeders jump to 6-1 on the season defeating the Tiger-Cats on the road, their 2nd victory over Hamilton this season.

Stampeders 30, Tiger-Cats 20
    Bo Levi Mitchell threw for 271 yards and a touchdown to guide the Stamps to the win over the Ticats, who lost Dan LeFevour to a suspected left hamstring injury.

Stampeders Find A Way
    It was only a three-point game until late in the fourth quarter, but the Stampeders found a way to win again thanks to Bo Levi Mitchell and Hugh Charles.

Mitchell Not Looking Ahead
    Bo Levi Mitchell discusses his development with his receivers and talks about whether there's any pressure on keeping up with the Eskimos.

Today I had an opportunity in the return game and I had to make the best of it. I got to come out here and play with my brothers. I just tried to do what I could to help the team out and that’s it.

Rolling Along: Mitchell and Charles lead the way for Stamps

The Stampeders scored early and were able to hold off a late Tiger-Cats rally, as they earned a hard-fought 30-20 win on Saturday afternoon at Ron Joyce Stadium in Hamilton.
    With numerous injuries on the offensive side of the ball, including at running back, the Stampeders handed the ball to Hugh Charles in Week 8.
    Charles was solid in his Stampeders debut, carrying the ball 14 times for 102 yards. QB Bo Levi Mitchell, meanwhile, completed 19 of his 27 passes for 244 yards, a TD and an interception.

Calgary improved their record to 6-1 with an entertaining 30-20 win against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The Stamps remain undefeated on the road thanks to 371 yards through the air from Bo Levi Mitchell and 102 along the ground from newcomer Hugh Charles.
    “It was a good win," said head coach and general manager John Hufnagel. "We had difficulty with a scrappy football team, an aggressive football team. They hung in there and played quite well. Obviously the game shifted when they had to make a quarterback change.”

Bo Levi Mitchell improved to 9-1 as a CFL starter in a 30-20 victory on the road against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The Eastern Washington product was 19 of 27 for 271 yards to go along with both a passing and rushing touchdown.
    Connecting with seven different receivers in total, he pointed out his appreciation for the multiple threats available at his disposal game-in and game-out.

Calgary Stampeders win in Hamilton 30-20
    When the Calgary Stampeders needed a defensive stop two weeks ago against the B.C. Lions, they couldn’t get it done.
    And it resulted in their first loss of the season.
    On Saturday, it was the exact opposite.

Stampeders Quickhitters -- Jeff Fuller separates shoulder
    Jeff Fuller brought Calgary Stampeders fans out of their seats in the first half.
    In the second half, the 24-year-old receiver had them holding their breath.
    After catching a six-yard TD strike from Bo Levi Mitchell in the first half and piling up five receptions for 59 yards, Fuller’s shoulder popped out in the third quarter when he made a sliding catch and was hit by a Hamilton Tiger-Cats defender in the Stamps’ 30-20 CFL win Saturday at Ron Joyce Stadium.

Sharing the love: Mitchell heaps praise on Charles
    Bo Levi Mitchell and the Calgary Stampeders continued their winning ways against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
    Mitchell had a TD pass and ran for another as Calgary defeated Hamilton 30-20 on Saturday afternoon for its sixth straight win and 10th in 11 games versus the Ticats.
    But an untimely injury and boost from the defence helped the Stamps regain a share of top spot in the West Division.
    Tundra Mustang likes this.
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

May 1, 2012

I was lying on the sand in sunny 23C weather quaffing a few beers at Cannon Beach, Oregon and my wife was checking her phone apps every few minutes for me with score updates late in the 4th. I was happy to hear the boys held on, and even happier this morning to see more of the video compilations and the articles in this thread to flesh things out for me.

Nice work (as usual)! ;)

Now off to Mount St. Helen's...

Madman likes this.