Calgary Stampeders News Roundup for August 31, 2015

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

May 1, 2012
    Calgary Stampeders News Roundup for August 31, 2015

Huff post-game comments - Aug. 30

Coach Huff talks about last night's game in Winnipeg and gives injury updates.

Player post-game comments - Aug. 30
    QB Bo Levi Mitchell and REC Eric Rogers talk about the teams' win in Winnipeg.

Brandon Boudreaux feeling great after helping Calgary Stampeders win

Brandon Boudreaux couldn’t wait to get on the field.
    In fact, the Calgary Stampeders defensive end might have set a record for being the fastest guy into the locker room.
    “I was running a 4.2 off the bus,” Boudreaux said.
    “I was feeling good.”

Calgary Stampeders Game Balls & Bricks
    It had all the markings of a possible trap-game.
    The defending Grey Cup champs were facing an inferior and injury-depleted opponent employing a quarterback making his second CFL start.
    And everyone in Alberta knows the massive Labour Day series is right around the corner.

Boudreaux's motor running in high gear against Bombers
    Brandon Boudreaux was so lickety-split sprinting off the motor coach pulling up to Investors Group Field mid-afternoon Saturday that it’s astonishing he wasn’t involved in a pre-game Segway mishap with a clumsy camera guy.
    “That,’’ cooed the 240-pound seek-and-destroy missile, “was so much fun, man. I was running, like, a 4.2 off the bus.
    “Yeah, I was feeling good.
    “When my D-line coach texted me ‘You’re up this week’ I was like ‘Oh, let’s knock one out.’ ”

Stamps reflect on dominating team effort in Winnipeg
    Jamar Wall was the last to speak to media on Sunday, but if you were picking an individual who turned the Calgary Stampeders’ fortunes around in Winnipeg on Saturday night, the veteran defensive back had to be first.
    “Definitely, you have to point to Jamar Wall’s interception,” head coach/GM John Hufnagel said at the team’s rundown, the day after a 36-8 victory over the hapless Blue Bombers. “We knew we were in a dogfight for the last 30 minutes and the second play of the second half, you get a touchdown by the defence, that’s a big momentum change.

It’s not that offence wasn’t spectacular in the win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Saturday, it’s just that the Calgary Stampeders defence looked almost superhuman.
    Yes, Bo Levi Mitchell threw for 312 yards and two touchdowns, and Eric Rogers had over 150 yards in the Stamps’ 36-8 win. And everyone is talking about the one-handed catch Jeff Fuller made. Yes, the offence produced, but the scoreboard at the end of the game told the story of the explosive Calgary defence. Defence is the reason why Calgary won so definitively.