Calgary Stampeders News Roundup for October 6th, 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Calgary Stampeders News Roundup for October 6th, 2014

News
    Stamps face several questions heading into their bye week

The Calgary Stampeders get some well-earned R&R time, and a break from the action should give the team time to ponder a few things.
    Despite clinching a playoff berth and virtually assuring themselves of a post-season home date, the Stamps have some questions during their bye week.
    Just how bad is the knee injury star running back Jon Cornish sustained? Will he be ready for a four-game run to get ready for the playoffs?
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...y+Stampeders+face+several/10264921/story.html

Stamps notes: Uncharacteristic Paredes misses chalked up to protection issues
    For the first time in his career, Rene Paredes was shut out on three field-goal attempts, which is a cause for concern to the Calgary Stampeders.
    However, there is nobody at McMahon Stadium worried about the record-setting kicker. It’s the 10 men in front of him and holder Rob Maver that are the focus.
    In Friday’s 31-24 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Paredes missed 51- and 50-yard attempts, and then had a 28-yarder blocked. Those long-range misses are certainly not a problem, but the failed shorter one is an issue.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports.../Calgary+Stampeders+notes/10264934/story.html

Very slow day for Stamps news - enjoy the start of bye week Stamps Fans!

2. Liske

Liske Member

Madman, really appreciate your collecting all the Stamps news stories, but I notice your dates for the News Roundups are always from the previous day and not from the actual date in the thread title.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Most news outlets post their stories at night, so by compiling the Roundups in the morning I can catch them all - although by doing it that way it does look like I'm a day late.