Calgary Stampeders Receiver Forzani Long Way From Playing

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

download.jpg

Calgary Stampeders receiver Forzani long way from playing
    Scott Fisher, Calgarysun.com

Johnny Forzani would love to exchange his water wings for shoulder pads.

But the Calgary Stampeders receiver will be relegated to working out in the pool for the forseeable future.

Stamps GM/head coach John Hufnagel said he doesn't expect to see the Canadian speedster back on the field any time soon.

"He still has a long way to go," Hufnagel said. "I think that's the best way to put it.

"He's not doing anything besides jogging in the whirlpool, so it's going to be awhile."

Forzani suffered an ankle injury Oct. 13 in Winnipeg and finally had surgery May 7.

He said he's targetting an August return if everything goes well.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/18/calgary-stampeders-receiver-forzani-long-way-from-playing

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Forzani back on the field, but still a long way away from action
    Talented Canadian receiver working his way back from off-season ankle surgery
    Kristen Odland, Calgaryherald.com

Sure, Johnny Forzani was wearing a jersey and looked the part in Tuesday’s on-field workout at McMahon Stadium.

But don’t be fooled by the Canadian receiver’s (limited) participation as the rehabilitation process from his off-season ankle surgery is, unfortunately, still ongoing.

He’ll await the results of a doctor’s appointment on July 7 for clearance to practice in his equipment and progressing from there. He’s shooting for a return sometime in August.

“That’s what I’m hoping for,” said the 24-year-old who is into his fourth season with the Calgary Stampeders. “I’ll just try to leave myself out of any precarious situations so I don’t have any setbacks. What is so delicate about ankles is that if you push them too fast too soon, even if it’s feeling like it’s better, you can come on it and it can set you back a few weeks.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...ry+Stampeders+notes+Johnny/8544811/story.html

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Just strange they didn't clue in that he needed surgery in May when the injury happened in October. Feel bad for Forzani. Not his fault.

4. Rids

Rids Member

Update:

Johnny Forzani will miss the 2014 season. The ankle is not improving.

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Gotta figure now that he'll never return.

Johnny we hardly knew ye...

TM

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member