GAME DAY Calgary Stampeders vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats - July 18, 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders (2-0) vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats (0-2)
    Friday July 18, 2014
    McMahon Stadium, Calgary
    8:00pm MDT
    GET TICKETS

Television: TSN, ESPN2
    Radio: News Talk 770, SiriusXM 167

Depth Chart and Roster
    Game Notes

Game Preview
    The 2-0 Stampeders looks to remain undefeated as they host a 0-2 Hamilton team coming off their bye week.
    http://stampeders.com/video/index/id/99031

Huff pre-game presser
    Head coach and general manager John Hufnagel's pre-game press conference as the Stamps get set to host the Ticats on July 18.
    http://stampeders.com/video/index/id/99047

Mitchell pre-game comments
    Quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell speaks to the media ahead of Friday's matchup with the Ticats.
    http://stampeders.com/video/index/id/99049

2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll be making a 12 hour guerrilla run down the QEII to Calgary for tonight's game along with fellow site member "stampsfaninedmonton", so a big shout out to any of you I might bump into along the way at McMahon! :D

With this quick round trip and an early morning return, it looks like my MM entry :wrinting: will be even more delayed than it usually is, but (for anyone who's interested) I'll get it posted later in the weekend.

Go Stampeders! ;)

TM

stampsfaninedm and Madman like this.
  3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Great to hear - you guys will have a blast!

I won't be able to make it tonight unfortunately, but cheer extra loud for me.

Make sure to take some pics too and add those to your MM.

stampsfaninedm likes this.
  4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I am in the forest training but will make it to a place that will have it on TV.

5. Liske

Liske Member

How will we recognize you? Do you look like your avatar? :)

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Pretty much exactly, yes.

7. Liske

Liske Member

Lol...what a devilishly handsome man that Tundra is. Stay thirsty my friend. I'll look for you at the game holding a Dos Equis.

8. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I have no idea what to say about that game, other than it was boring as hell (other than the blocked Hamilton FG).

There wasn't much that happened for us to critique, I don't think.....

One question I have is where was Joe West? Are we just not throwing the ball to him, or his he not making plays?

9. Addicted

Addicted Member

I sure hope we got that game out of our system, we were lucky to eek out a win! Great work be the defence to keep the Cats out of the end zone, although I think if the Cats would have inserted LeFevour a little earlier we may not have been so lucky. He appeared to be moving the ball much better than Masoli and with time may have beat us. BMO showed some flashes of brilliance but could not sustain a drive. I'd like to see Lewis get healthy and see more balls....Mr. Second Down can still get it done, and nice to see the one catch he did have to continue on the streak. Matt Walter is doing fine, but we need the explosive running of Cornish back. At the end of the day a win is a win, not allot of time to analyse......Edmonton on Thursday. Let's bring or best!

10. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

From the Labour Day Rematch weekend in Edmonton in 2012, here's a photo of Doogie58 (the handsome lad in the jersey) and yours truly on the patio at the Moose Factory:

Edmonton Labour Day 2012.jpg

I may have run into you at last night's game, but then I don't know how I'd recognize you, either...:)

TM

11. Liske

Liske Member

Does anyone remember the fumble by Bo Mitchell? I'm having an argument with a friend who says there was no fumble. But BLM is credited with a fumble in the game stats. However, on the TSN play-by-play game tracker, that fumble play is not listed anywhere.

I hope I'm not losing my mind. I swear I remember Mitchell fumbling but I don't remember which quarter it was in.

12. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

From memory, it was in the third quarter, and maybe mid-way through it. The Stampeders were at about midfield when Bo Levi tried to scramble out of the pocket, was gang-tackled and stripped of the ball and Hamilton recovered it.

Just another truly memorable moment in a game replete with them...:rolleyes:

TM

13. Rids

Rids Member

Already seeing ESPN promos about the game that will be on ESPN2.

14. Rids

Rids Member

Some tidbits:

Hamilton's first 6 offensive plays netted them 3 2&outs; 1 fumble, and -3 total yards. People on RiderFans are claiming it's all because of the OL injuries...I'd beg to differ.

Maalik Bomar was called for 2 No Yards penalties in the first quarter. This will need following up on later.

Loved seeing Andy Fantuz attempt to punt the ball late in the game trying for a rouge. Just hasn't shown up much lately where a skill player tries a mid-play punt for the point!