GAME DAY Calgary Stampeders vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats - June 26, 2015

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders (0-0) vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats (0-0)
    Friday June 26, 2015

McMahon Stadium, Calgary
    7:00pm MDT
    GET TICKETS

Television: TSN, ESPN2
    Radio: News Talk 770, SiriusXM

Depth Chart & Roster
    Game Notes

Depth Chart

[​IMG]
    Preview: Hamilton at Calgary wk.1
    A Grey Cup rematch kicks off another season of Friday Night Football, as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats travel to Calgary to get another shot at the defending champion Stampeders.
    http://www.stampeders.com/video/index/id/111681

Game Preview
    The Calgary Stampeders begin the defence of their 2014 Grey Cup championship with a rematch against their Grey Cup opponents, the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Calgary defeated Hamilton 20-16 in last year’s championship game, capturing the club’s seventh CFL title and first since 2008. Head coach John Hufnagel joined Wally Buono as the only two Calgary head coaches to have won more than one Grey Cup with the Red and White. The Stampeders finished first in the West with a 15-3 record in 2014, tying the best season mark in club history and won the West for the 18th time.

Calgary is opening the season at home for the 11th straight season and this will be the sixth time in the past seven seasons dating back to 2009 the Stamps will open the season against an Eastern team. Calgary is 3-2 in its last five Week 1 games against teams from the East and last played Hamilton in the opener back in 2007, a 37-9 win for Calgary.

Calgary swept the Tiger-Cats in 2014, winning 10-7 at McMahon in Week 4 in the lowest-scoring game for the Stamps last season. Hamilton is looking for a win at McMahon for the first time since 2004, with Calgary winning 10 straight games at home versus the Tabbies.

The Stampeders posted a league-best 7-2 home record last season and are 34-11 at home in the past five seasons while Calgary was 7-1 against the East in 2014 and is 14-2 in the past two seasons.
    http://www.stampeders.com/article/preview-150626

Stamps Rule likes this.
  2. strujas

strujas Member

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! YEAR OF THE REPEAT!!! GO STAMPS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Liske

Liske Member

Here's to another season...

Go Stamps Go !

4. strujas

strujas Member

What is Huff's record in season opener games???

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Go Stamps! Thanks for the thread, Madman.

Madman likes this.
  7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Another Thumper tribute.

8. Liske

Liske Member

Just got home from the game. I might post some more tomorrow, but for now, here are my impressions:

- El Matador is back! Big pressure kick to win the game
    - Defense looked sharp. Hughes is ready to play
    - Receivers Fuller and Rogers are again a force to be reckoned with
    - Our o-line needs work. They just aren't getting the surges on short yardage, and there were some pass protection breakdowns
    - Bo Levi looked rusty. It almost got to the point where I thought Tate might have to come in

A gutsy, slobberknocker of a win that hides some early season weaknesses

I was a little disappointed in the turnout, but I think everyone who was there helped make up for the lack of a sell-out by being really loud. I know in section X we were loud.

Last but not least, I wish I had won that 50/50. :greedy:

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  9. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Me too 193,000 would have been nice.
    Another nail bitter with the Ticats.

10. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I was dissapointed that the 50/50 wasn't more. We didn't even crack $400k. Edmonton got theirs up to ~$600k or so,

Overall, we looked pretty good I thought. Good, not great.

Lots of little things to work on.

I was dissapointed about how there was a flag on nearly every play. I guess that's how the 'new' CFL is going to work. :/

11. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Defense was superb and won this game for us. Collaros was under siege all day and the Ticats were forced into numerous two&outs. Hughes and Raymond were beasts. Rob and Rene were brilliant as usual. But the offense (aside from Fuller) was hot feces. Lots of work to do for Dickenson and co to get this thing figured out.

Biggest thing I noticed though is that Bo seemed hesitant and tunnel-visioned... and he avoided the deep ball for much of the game. Only when he started throwing deep balls did the passing game start to open up (albeit thanks to circus catches from Fuller).

Receivers need to quit dropping the ball. Rogers and West I'm looking at you.

We're really gonna miss Jones and Bryant on that Oline.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  12. Rids

Rids Member

There were only 3 calls made in the Calgary-Hamilton game that were attributed to the "new rules".

There was a rough patch in the second quarter with a bunch of calls but other than that it was pretty typical of an opening week game.

13. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

Jones going to chase a dream is understandable. Bryant...I dunno, he wanted to get paid. He protects BLM's blind side...PAY HIM. Take some of the coin you used to extend BLM and give it up to Bryant. How many years did you read about Dave Dickenson doing that in BC? Restructuring his deal here and there so they could pay the big men up front to keep him clean.