GAME DAY Calgary Stampeders vs Saskatchewan Roughriders - October 24, 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 24, 2014.

?

Calgary Stampeders or Flatlander Backups?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. Stampeders

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Roughriders

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders (13-2) vs Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-7)
    Friday October 24, 2014

McMahon Stadium, Calgary
    7:30pm MDT
    GET TICKETS

Television: TSN, ESPN3
    Radio: News Talk 770, SiriusXM 167

Depth Chart and Roster
    Game Notes

Depth Chart
    [​IMG]

Preview: Saskatchewan at Calgary wk.18

A week after locking up top spot in the West, the Calgary Stampeders welcome the defending Grey Cup champs to McMahon Stadium, where the Saskatchewan Roughriders will look to upset the hosts and gain some important playoff positioning.
    http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/105003

Game Preview

The Calgary Stampeders and Saskatchewan Roughriders lock horns for the second time in four weeks as the Riders make their only regular season visit to McMahon Stadium this season.

Calgary (13-2) took care of business in Winnipeg last week, beating the Bombers by a 33-23 score. The win clinched first place for the Stamps for the second straight season and 18th time in club history. The road victory also tied a franchise record for road wins with seven (with one road game still to be played) and puts the Stamps in position to challenge the club record for wins (15) with three games to go.

The Riders (9-7) continued their second-half season stumble, losing 24-19 at home to the Eskimos, making it four straight losses for the Green and White.

Saskatchewan will not have a home playoff game this year and needs to get back on the winning track to hold off the Lions and stay in the West playoffs. Calgary beat the Riders 31-24 back in Week 15 in Regina and is currently on a six-game regular season winning streak against Saskatchewan at home dating back to 2010.

Calgary is 6-1 at home this season and 6-1 against the West while the Riders are 4-4 on the road and 4-4 against the West.
    http://www.stampeders.com/article/cgy-ssk-preview-141024

2. Rids

Rids Member

Guessing that most of the board members are at the game tonight.

Jock Sanders just scored and the Stamps went for a 2 point convert. Seems a little strange with so much time left in the 4Q and it would've made it a 4 point game only.

Riders 27 Stamps 21

3. Rids

Rids Member

Sask gives up a safety, Calgary scores a touchdown and then Kerry Joseph throws a pick 6.

Result?

Calgary 37 Saskatchewan 27

4 minutes to go.

4. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

Did we wind up with any more injuries from this game? I didn't notice any but I was only able to watch bits and pieces of it

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

A second sellout at Mcmahon. Riders gave a bit of a scare there. They may yet surprise as a crossover team.

6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I'm guilty in thinking last night's game was essentially over after 3 quarters. As well, in thinking that without Cornish in the lineup the offense would struggle. Boy was I wrong. As my brother {Riders fan} says it "this is the CFL bro and any score or lead is never safe". When there is time on the clock anything can happen. I don't who was more shocked by the outcome of the game. Me or him. I didn't see the 25 points in the fourth quarter. But, then again I guess sometimes my expectations and emotions get too high when it comes to this team. Good on the Riders to push the Stamps last night. Great to see the team respond to the challenge. Last night for three quarters the Stamps we're sleep walking, however when the team woke up and gained some momentum, it was too much for the Riders to handle.
    Even though I'm concerned by the fact that this team's up and down play throughout each game, when they "turn it on" in my opinion, there is no team in this league that can match them.

7. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

True, but keep in context this is a calgary team in a nothing game without Cornish, Hughes, McDaniel, Mace, Fuller, West etc etc vs. a bad free falling riders team in desperation mode trying to right the ship before playing Edmonton on the road in the playoffs. To me I expected the first 3 quarters and would not at all have been surprised if they lost this game, and I think the final game at BC will be the same. The good news is as you said Calgary is by far the most talented team in the league again and sometimes can't help but win because of it!
    I'm still hoping for the first time this year they play games firing on all cylinders in November. No question they're unbeatable if they do

8. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Just goes to show you that when this team puts their effort in they can win even in one quarter. Can't imagine if they played for all four quarters.

9. Liske

Liske Member

So what do ya'll think of rookie receiver Eric Rogers? Is he a keeper?

10. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Rogers is definately a keeper! I would sit West so he can learn how to go get a ball. Two catches by Rogers were just that! When he said he was a lighter version of fuller he was not kidding.