CBC's Bob McKeown (Fifth Estate) on concussions

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Don't know if I've got the spelling right but Bob McKoewn of CBC TV's Fifth Estate just did a lengthy stint on Bob McClown's Sportsnet show (the guy with the gruff expression, indoor sunglasses, looks like he was weaned on a pickle)

Anyways, if you missed this interview - FIND IT.

Probably the most profound, intelligent and succinct comments, analysis about the CFL and concussion issues facing the league and players.

Didn't realize McKeown played for the Ottawa Rough Riders in the 70s, so he's speaking from a position of historical knowledge.

An amazing piece. I hope he has some impact from CFL upper-ups - and not just the normal lip service!!!

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for that, Bronks.

I've heard McKeown speak before about his playing career with Ottawa in the 70's, so I knew about that history, but I hadn't heard about his own experience with concussions.

Here's a link to a CBC article McKeown has now authored about that very issue:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/bob-mckeown-concussions-1.3853245

TM

Jayman likes this.
  3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

bob got punched in the face by marlin perkins back in '82 for the 'lemming affair' that I mentioned somewhere in this site maybe a year ago.