CFL Fans in Toronto - join us!

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by CFL Fans in Toronto, Jul 17, 2016.

1. CFL Fans in Toronto

Hello folks!

In case you ever find yourself passing through Toronto between June and November, OR if you know any Alberta expats living in the Big Smoke... I'd like to introduce you to CFL Fans in Toronto: Bringing together Toronto-based CFL Fans of all stripes to celebrate our league.

Astonishing but true, until now Canada's largest city completely lacked a home base where Canadian Football League fans knew they could go to find fellow CFL fans catching the game together, with the audio turned UP and cold beverages to go around.

But times have changed! CFL Fans in Toronto brings together Toronto-based CFL fans of all stripes to catch CFL game broadcasts and celebrate our league. Our goal is to create the festive atmosphere that one experiences at Grey Cup Week, on a weekly basis throughout the 2016 season.

CFL Fans in Toronto is hosting one event per week throughout the 2016 CFL Season, beginning with weekly gatherings to catch Thursday Night Football broadcasts throughout the entire Summer.

We've teamed up with BrewHaHa Craft Beer Lounge to provide a long-awaited home for CFL fans to hang their hats. Occupying the lower level of the Duke of York pub, BrewHaHa is a centrally located venue (39 Prince Arthur Ave) with plenty of TVs, excellent and reasonably priced food and drinks, and a football-friendly atmosphere.

This Thursday we've got your Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers, kicking off at 8:30 PM.

Connect With Us

Twitter: @CFLFansToronto
    Meetup: CFL Fans in Toronto
    Facebook: CFL Fans in Toronto
    Instagram: @CFLFansToronto

All CFL Fans in Toronto events take place at BrewHaHa Craft Beer Lounge.

39 Prince Arthur Ave.
    Toronto, ON, N5R 1B2
    Phone: (416) 964-2441

Steps from St. George subway station and Varsity Stadium, BrewHaHa is located on the lower level of the Duke of York pub on Prince Arthur Avenue, just east of Bedford and north of Bloor.

It would be great to have a few Stamps fans among us. I hope to see some of you there some day if you happen to be in the neighbourhood. [​IMG]

Tags:
  2. CFL Fans in Toronto

Hey folks,

CFL Fans in Toronto IS BACK IN 2017 to continue our mission to bring together Toronto-based CFL fans of all stripes to catch CFL game broadcasts and celebrate our league.

Astonishing but true: until last season, Canada’s largest city completely lacked a ‘home base’ where CFL fans knew they could go to find fellow fans catching the game together. But times have changed! CFL Fans in Toronto brings together Toronto-based CFL fans of all stripes to catch CFL game broadcasts and celebrate our league. Our goal is to create the festive atmosphere that one experiences at Grey Cup Week, throughout the CFL season. In 2017, we are hosting an event approximately once per month.

CFL Fans in Toronto events take place at BrewHaHa Craft Beer Lounge. Occupying the lower level of the Duke of York pub, BrewHaHa is a centrally located venue (29 Prince Arthur Ave, near St. George station) with plenty of TVs, excellent and reasonably priced food and drinks, and a football-friendly atmosphere.

Join us on Sat July 29th for a killer Canadian Football League double header, including your Stamps:

Toronto Argonauts vs Saskatchewan Roughriders @ 6:30 PM
    Hamilton Tiger Cats vs Calgary Stampeders @ 9:30 PM

Bonus: Win some free CFL swag through raffles, Guess The Score and hopefully a new round of our famous CFL Trivia.

Would love to see some of your Stamps fans there on Saturday, if you happen to be in the neighbourhood. Spread the word to your TO-based friends!

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

From the date of your first post, I see I'm a year late with my greeting, but nevertheless, welcome to the site! :D

Thanks for posting your support of our great league from the heart of the Big Smoke...

I hope some folks who may read this thread will make their way down your way! ;)

TM

CFL Fans in Toronto likes this.
  4. CFL Fans in Toronto

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Makes me want to get on a plane this morning and head straight to TO!

Sounds like a fun atmosphere and a great evening.

Alas, clients and work obligations beckon me today...

I'd be interested in checking it out the next time I'm in Toronto, though...;)

TM

6. CFL Fans in Toronto

Last year we did it every single week. We had anywhere from 3 people (i.e. just the hosts) to about 25 people by the end of the season. This year we are narrowing down to once per month. It is tough to get people out, but we have built up a great core group and hope to keep it growing. We do raffle prizes, CFL trivia, guess the score, etc. Last year we reached out to the league and to every team for support. Not a lot of traction, but BC Lions sent us a dozen hats and the Argos sent us a couple shirts and hats -- great for giveaways. Anyways, if you know any CFL fans in Toronto, let em know about us! :)

7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I think you just did! ;)

I do know a few CFL fans in Toronto, and some of 'em are even members here.

I hope they'll take you up on your invitation, and will then let us know about their experience.

Good luck and best wishes with all of your meet ups as the season moves along! :D

TM

8. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

That's a very classic CFL logo.

9. CFL Fans in Toronto

Hey Stamps fans, we are back at it this Saturday with another CFL Fans in Toronto meetup at Brewhaha.... We'll be taking in the second two games of the triple header, including the Battle of Alberta featuring your team! Where better to take this in than in downtown Toronto. :)

Join us as we tip back a few beverages while watching a couple of killer games:

Hamilton Tiger Cats vs. Ottawa REDBLACKS @ 6:00 PM
    Calgary Stampeders vs. Edmonton Eskimos @ 9:00 PM

We’ve teamed up with BrewHaHa Craft Beer Lounge to provide a long-awaited home for CFL fans to hang their hats. Occupying the lower level of the Duke of York pub, BrewHaHa is a centrally located venue (39 Prince Arthur Ave, steps from St George TTC station) with plenty of TVs, excellent and reasonably priced food and drinks, and a football-friendly atmosphere. Come on out folks! Spread the word!

More info here:
    https://www.meetup.com/Toronto-CFL-M...nts/242792786/

Attached Files:

Tundra Mustang likes this.