CFL Player Poll Series: Fastest Player

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Christoph, May 8, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Introduction:

Since we're closing in on the start of a new CFL season, it seems like a fitting time to revisit TSN's latest CFL Players Poll, but with a twist. We'll run a mirror poll of our own and compare the results. Since it is a multi-part poll, I have decided to divide this into a series of threads, each with their own specific question.

To avoid tainting the votes one way or another, I would prefer that you place your vote here and then click the link to see the results of the players vote.

As always, please feel free to weigh in with your thoughts below.

CFL Player Poll Results (**please vote in all categories before clicking, as all results are on the same page**)

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Chad Owens touches the ball more than Coker so he is more dangerous. Owens reminds me of 2 return guys (Larry Highbaugh & Gizmo Williams)...

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

Maybe, but who's faster? To my eyes it's Coker. If we were talking about threats to score from anywhere on the field I might agree with you. But I guess it's pretty hard to know without going out there with a stopwatch. All I know is that Coker runs away from guys. Owens is more the make you miss type.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Owens is the better returner. Bar none. I don't think he's much faster than Owens. Should Larry Taylor be on that list?

5. Rids

Rids Member

6. Christoph

Christoph Member

I thought Coker registered a sub 4.3 time at some point as well? Perhaps it wasn't at his pro day but I remember reading about it when the Stamps first signed him.

The interesting thing is that a lot of people with the Stampeders actually say that Forzani is the fastest guy on the team.

Still, it's pretty hard to choose between Williams and Coker. In my books, I do think those numbers are pretty accurate. It isn't always the case, but with those two it would seem to reflect their football speed pretty accurately.

7. Rids

Rids Member

Coker has been sub-4.3 just not on an official pro day.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Man, sub 4.3? What's that almost 60 kph?

9. Rids

Rids Member

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

You guys think Larry Taylor's spot is in jeopardy as the Stamps could go with Coker as the fulltime returner thereby inserting him into the offense in certain situations or when needed?

11. Christoph

Christoph Member

I think Larry Taylor's spot is more in jeopardy because he looks like he's lost a half step since he first broke into the league. And honestly he was always more quick that straight line fast. I mean he weighs like 100 pounds so he can turn on a dime! ;)