CFL Player Poll Series: Most Underrated Player

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Christoph, May 8, 2012.

?

Who is the CFL's most underrated player?

Poll closed May 8, 2012.
  1. Other (please specify below)

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Introduction:

Since we're closing in on the start of a new CFL season, it seems like a fitting time to revisit TSN's latest CFL Players Poll, but with a twist. We'll run a mirror poll of our own and compare the results. Since it is a multi-part poll, I have decided to divide this into a series of threads, each with their own specific question.

To avoid tainting the votes one way or another, I would prefer that you place your vote here and then click the link to see the results of the players vote.

As always, please feel free to weigh in with your thoughts below.

CFL Player Poll Results (**please vote in all categories before clicking, as all results are on the same page**)

Tags:
  2. pizmo

pizmo Member

Rod Davis is with the Als now.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

How can Durant be on an underrated list? If anything, he's overrated...

4. Stampsfaninregina

He is underrated at how overrated he is.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

Well on the one hand, I figured people might find that option amusing. On the other hand I actually don't think he's overrated anymore, except maybe in Riderland. He's actually one of the most often criticized players in the whole league the past few years, and so from that perspective I'd argue he's not quite as bad as many of the critics would make him out to be.

It's all a matter of perspective and perception. I personally don't perceive him to be rated as nearly as highly as you probably do, thus from my perspective I'm not so certain he's being overrated the way he once was.

Mostly though I just thought people would see his name and chuckle.

It's tricky. With the actual players poll, they could vote for literally any CFL player. I had to try to narrow it down to handful for people to choose from. The one thing I made sure to do was include the winners (and two runner ups) from the real players poll, but other than that I had to try to guess who people would be most likely to want to vote for.
    [hr]
    Exactly! I wish I'd thought of that.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Is there a Like button here? :p

7. Christoph

Christoph Member

Sorry this is all I could find.
    [​IMG]

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

It is a lot easier to name an overrated player than an underrated player. Other than DD, who IS overrated, I have no ideawho to pick in this category.

9. Christoph

Christoph Member

So who is the most overrated player in the league in your eyes then? Would you go with Maid Marian, or is there someone else even more glaringly overblown by media/fans?

Not to tick anyone off, but right now Drew Tate is overrated if you ask me. He has yet to prove anything but he's hyped up like crazy, even by fellow players. This same player poll found him finishing third in voting for top choice in an expansion draft! I think he has great potential, but isn't it too soon to be valuing him so highly. I'm a big fan, I just think that after a small handful of solid but unspectacular games it's too early to draw conclusions. Hopefully he goes out and becomes a great QB in the near future though, because I'm a big fan.

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I am a Tate fan just because he's opposite of Hank. Doesn't talk too much to the media. Doesn't seem to have an opinion on everything, is maybe a bit surly on the bench & doesn't make excuses.

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

I've always admired Durant for his combination skills (running, passing, scrambling, leadership occassinally) but I must admit he's not the most accurate gun in the league. Far from it, too many circus catches from his receivers who put themselves out for potential injury every time they stretch out or go high for a DD pellet.

12. Christoph

Christoph Member

What I don't understand is how Travis Lulay has completely avoided any criticism over accuracy when his completion percentage is worse than Durant's.

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

Lots of Lulay's incompletes are intentional and cause no harm other than turning over the downs marker. His completes are usually in key situations which advance the ball down the field and alllow the lions to hold onto the ball.

Plus Lulay was awful in the Lions first 5 or 6 games last year (first third of season) when they couldn't win for losing.

Lulay was a CFL all-star based mostly on his final 2/3 of season.

Similar to the Bombers stats - 10-8 overall record but keep in mind they were 7-1 out of the chute.